Anyone that makes Fast Flight strings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone that makes Fast Flight strings?

I did a bare shaft tunning (or tried) and I realized Im overspined. When I started shooting I went with the Stu calculator and before I knew any better I went ahead and cut my arrows.
    I have over a dozen arrows that shoot real good. But now that I tried the bareshaft and realized that they're stiff Im afraid they'll mess with my confidence. I want to get the best out of my bow and I read a FF string can help. I already have 100gr inserts and use 125 gr points. I would like to try the string change before having to buy new points and heads.
    Sorry for the long post. Lets just say I dont feel 100% now.
    Any other recommendation would be greatly appreciated as well.

Bob Sarrels makes a nice FF string. SBD Strings makes good FF strings also.

Comment

What kind of bow do you have? Are the tips capable of handling a performance string material? Most modern bows have phelonic in the tips and are capable of handling the extra stress, but it's always a good question to ask.

Rick Barbee makes an excellent string for the money. I went with one of his Ultracam strings and my brace height hasn't moved since the initial day of tuning, he has an extensive material inventory and will build the string to your exact specifications. Just google rick barbee strings if your interested, I've bought strings from a few different suppliers and Rick's work blows the other guys out of the water.

Comment

Originally posted by agtex42 View Post
        What kind of bow do you have? Are the tips capable of handling a performance string material? Most modern bows have phelonic in the tips and are capable of handling the extra stress, but it's always a good question to ask.

Rick Barbee makes an excellent string for the money. I went with one of his Ultracam strings and my brace height hasn't moved since the initial day of tuning, he has an extensive material inventory and will build the string to your exact specifications. Just google rick barbee strings if your interested, I've bought strings from a few different suppliers and Rick's work blows the other guys out of the water.
        x2

Comment

Originally posted by agtex42 View Post

Thanks for the advice.
          Let me bug Mr. Barbee.

Comment

If you get one of Ricks skinny strings you wil need a stiffer spine. I definitely did. So I would get the string first and try your current arrows.

Comment

Working...
            X