New Strings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Strings!

I just wanted to give a shout out and a big thank you to edwardv for the new strings... I am very pleased with both the quality, appearance and performance! I am also very thankful for him patiently and thoroughly answering all the newbie questions I had to ask lol! Thanks Edward!

A little while back I was looking to get a new string for my bow, to replace the factory string with a higher quality string. I also intended to move from shooting on a rest to shooting off the shelf. I received a PM from Edward saying that he would be more than happy to make one up for me... and at a good price to boot! Well, he ended up sending me 2. The first was the FF that I had ordered and the second was a B500 Dacron. I decided that I was going to try both of them out and see which I liked better. Fortunately they came in the day before my vacation, so I was able string one up and shoot before I left the following day. Both were beautiful strings but I decided to string up the B500. So, I got it strung, tied a nock on the string, put my bear hair rest and strike plate on and slung a few down range in my BIL's (Stingebow) backyard. First thing we noticed and were amazed by, is how quiet my bow was with that Dacron on it... the sound was basically non existent! Any slight vibration noise was remedied as I adjusted the brace height. I'll go ahead and be honest, I'm kinda reluctant to even put the FF on as well as the Dacron is performing and as quiet as it is! However, I really want to try out the other string for a comparison, so I think I'll give it a couple of weeks and then switch and see which I prefer. Unfortunately, while I was on vacation, I did a poor job of storing my arrows and the fletchings are ruined (a mistake that will not be duplicated) and they no longer fly straight. That means I wont be shooting until at least next pay day The good side to that is, I will more or less be forced to fletch up some new shafts (I'm down to 4 anyhow) and start over with a new bear hair rest, new string and new arrows. I'm stoked... feels like I have a new bow!

Thanks a ton Edward, highly recommended... I am VERY pleased!

-Gabe

Cool deal!

Comment

Hey, Gabe, I'm glad you like the strings. Let me know if you need any help tuning, etc.

Regards,
      Edward

Comment

Originally posted by edwardv View Post
        Hey, Gabe, I'm glad you like the strings. Let me know if you need any help tuning, etc.

Regards,
        Edward
        Thanks Edward, I sure will. I ordered some new shafts and fletchings yesterday so hopefully I'll be back up and shooting this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by feralswine View Post
          Unfortunately, while I was on vacation, I did a poor job of storing my arrows and the fletchings are ruined (a mistake that will not be duplicated) and they no longer fly straight. -Gabe
          If the fletchings are laying down flat against the shaft I'm pretty sure you can "steam" them and bring them back into shape. Boil some water in a pot, partially put a lid on it to concetrate the steam. The feathers will return to their original shape. I know this works if your fletchings get wet and dry flat, so I would think it would work in your case as well. -- Tod

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
            If the fletchings are laying down flat against the shaft I'm pretty sure you can "steam" them and bring them back into shape. Boil some water in a pot, partially put a lid on it to concetrate the steam. The feathers will return to their original shape. I know this works if your fletchings get wet and dry flat, so I would think it would work in your case as well. -- Tod
            I did not know that... thanks! I believe I'll give that a shot tonight... makes plenty of sense.

Comment

Steam trick worked like a charm on my old beater arrows! Thanks, Tod!

-Gabe

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by feralswine View Post
                  Steam trick worked like a charm on my old beater arrows! Thanks, Tod!

-Gabe
                  Glad you could get some more life out of those arrows( and fletchings). Good deal!

Comment

Working...
                  X