can any of yall use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can any of yall use

okay been processing deer and need room in the freezer. found a 4 1/2 to 5ft rattle snake skin in the freezer that was killed oct of 06. i ate the snake and was going to tan the hide but dont have time to mess with it and dont want it to go bad. if any of you traditional people can use it for what ever reason it is yours.

for some reason i was thinking yall were always needing skins for something.

by the way i am looking for a cheap traditional starter bow.

thanks

Now that's really dragging the sack trying to get a starter bow.........

I bet if you tanned the hide and glued it on a plaque you could easily swap it for a starter bow.

Comment

How long will a snake skin last in the freezer?

I have about 6 and I only have them in ziplocks. I guess I should at least wrap them in freezer paper.

Comment

Snakes will last a long time in the freezer. Years.

If they're in ziplocs, that's good ... vacuum packed would be better ... but the freezer paper won't help you.

Comment

thumper thanks. i am willing to pay just dont want to break the bank. i figured around $200 for a starter bow. just figured someone could use the skin.

the skin is wrapped inside itself and in a ziploc

Comment

Here's a good bow to work with to build form and traditional shooting strength until you find a starter bow to hunt with.

Comment

thumper thanks. looking for something in the 50 lbs range

Comment

crittergitter www.3riversarchery.com carries some affordable bows that would make good starters. I'd highly recommend not starting with anything over 45 for sure. If you start too heavy, theres the potential of developing bad form habits. Your first goal should be to establish your form. This could take up to 6 months and more if you start too heavy. With a lightweight bow you could be tuned in within just a few weeks with proper coaching. I usually recommend 40 pounds for the sole reason that you can get away with hunting with it while you're waiting on a shooter bow. Preferred though, is around 35 pounds.

Oops, got carried away. Check out 3 Rivers. Something around 58 inches or longer too.

Don't need any snake skins just now. Maybe in the spring.

Comment

gold took the skin

Comment

Working...
                  X