Goodbye to My Bezaleel Recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye to My Bezaleel Recurve

Having to say goodbye to my favorite bow--my Bezaleel recurve. Had to pack it up so it won't get hurt on its long ride to Washington state. It is hard to let it go, but..............
    Attached Files

My wonderful bow is going back to its maker! Here is a picture he e-mailed to me of the bow he has been developing and will soon be selling on his site.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0004 (800x600).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	24092056

Even though he is not selling a takedown longbow on his site, Andy is going to custom make 66" longbow limbs for my riser. So I will then have my beloved bow back with convertible longbow and recurve limbs!!!!

Comment

That looks sweet! I have never seen one of those close up.

Bisch

Comment

I have been in contact with Andy at Bezaleel bows by email. He has been great to deal with. I sent my recurve limbs with the bow to see if he could take the draw weight down a little so they would be the same as the longbow limbs he is making for me. He is making the limbs for $450 and said he would reduce the weight on the recurve limbs and refinish themfor $30 if he feels they can be reduced safely. I was expecting more like $75-$100 for the extra work. When he gets my bow (probably Friday), I will call and talk to him. He said my bow would definitely be one of a kind, since he doesn't make my riser any more, and will be custom making his new longbow limbs to match it. He also said he would probably have it back to me by early August! Will update as it progresses.

Comment

Andy got my bow today in fine condition. Says he should be able to reduce my recurve limbs to match the new longbow limbs he will be making. For anyone who has experienced poor ,unfriendly service--definitely not Andy with Bezaleel Bows.

Comment

Just got a call from Andy this afternoon. First itme I have actually talked to him. Said he had decided how to design the longbow limbs, and said since he was refinishing my old limbs when he reduces the weight, he would go ahead and refinish my riser too so everything would match! Will continue to update.

Comment

Andy at Bezaleel Bows sent an e-mail to let me know he shipped my bow today, so it should be here about Thursday with the new set of longbow limbs. I got the bow to him on the 12th of last month--so less than a 4 week turnaround time for custom-made limbs, reducing the weight on my recurve limbs, and a new finish on my riser. My problem is I will be in Brownwood for work tomorrow through Friday, so I will probably have to wait until Saturday to try it out. I will post pictures first chance I get.

Comment

Got a Box in the Mail

This box came in the mail exactly one month after I got my bow to Andy McCoy at Bezaleel Bows for my custom longbow limbs to be made.
                [ATTACH]375166[/ATTACH]
                I was immediately impressed with the shipping box he custom made for the bow and limbs. I always worry about damage in transit, but with this special service, that worry is taken away.
                [ATTACH]375167[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]375168[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]375169[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]375170[/ATTACH]
                Here are the original recurve limbs, which he matched in weight to the new longbow limbs.
                [ATTACH]375171[/ATTACH]
                And here are the new custom-made-for-this-riser-only longbow limbs.
                [ATTACH]375172[/ATTACH]
                Profile unstrung.
                [ATTACH]375173[/ATTACH]
                Close up of riser and custom limb wedges made to fit this riser.
                [ATTACH]375174[/ATTACH]
                And finally the strung profile.
                [ATTACH]375175[/ATTACH]
                Andy's card for anyone who might want to talk to him about the possibility of their own Bezaleel Bow.
                The bow shoots as good as it looks. Took it out to Devil's Mountain archery range in San Angelo today, and everyone was impressed with the craftsmanship.

Comment

Looks good! That's probably the most unique longbow limb profile I've ever seen, it really flows well with the riser.

Comment

Working...
                  X