Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Looking for somewhere to hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for somewhere to hunt

A group of us have an urge to come to Texas in the spring and try our luck at Javelina and rabbits/hogs.
    Is there a season on Javelinas. I just thought of that as I was thinking of dates???
    I like the idea of paying a daily rate and just bein` left to our own devises. SOOOOO any ideas????
    BTW we`ll be drivin` from central Florida.

Best thing might be to see the "Rate The Day Lease" section for reviews and check with the folks who got good reviews.

Comment

I have a group going to Perdenal Outfitters in Feb. I think 8 from up in Yankee land, and 5 or 6 from around here. I have not hunted with them yet, but they have a good reputation.

I believe Javy's are open all year in most counties that have good populations with a yearly limit of 2 per hunter. That could easily be checked on Texas Parks and Wildlife site.

How big a group are you talkin about Chris?

Comment

This has a huge turn out every year, haven't hunted it in a few years but it's a good one.

Comment

Can give you numbers for a couple of hog spots, run about 125-150 a day, 2 day min,(deer season is on here buddy and porkers can wait unless one gets stupid) and a daylease for 150 a day and you will be totally on your own there, didn't see any pig sign the weekend I was there but deer tracks out the wazoo, does out the wazoo too, but to late to see my peep, ratz! Last weekend of bow season too! Rickzilla

Comment

Also if you wanted to hunt with a couple of well known trad. hunters. http://www.brothersofthebow.com/html...everhunts.html

Comment

We may be about 4-5.

Thanks for all the great info. I really like the look pf the Cabin fever hunt.

I`ll keep looking.

Comment

Working...
              X