No announcement yet.

Got the Sage!!!!!!!!!! It's Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome the the fun side if archery. I was told this when I first started back in September. I was also told you will put down the compound bow and own more sticks in a year. Well I shoot almost everyday, sold the compound and own 4 long bows. This is the most fun I have had in archery. Like said above work on form, and enjoy traditional archery.

Glenn

Comment

Congrats on the new Sage!!

Comment

Where is the guy with the post that goes something like this:

THIS POST IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!

Come on. It isn't official until we see pics.

Comment

I am happy to see that you made the plunge. You're in for a lot of fun and the learning is fun, even though there is soooo much to learn. Congratulations your new bow.

I know what you mean about some folks not understanding us trad shooters. I ran into a guy at a NASP shoot for kids and he asked what kind of bow do I shoot and I told him that I shoot a longbow. He told me I might as well throw a rock. Funny thing is that I harvest a lot more good animals than he does.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I'm going to be studying up on the proper form. I had one of the owners of the shop watch me shoot, and she was giving me some points. It is awkward, but I really had fun. I have a hog shoot coming up on Spring Break with squiggy, and as much as I would like to be ready, I doubt I will be to put them down cleanly. I'm gonna try my best though.

TWP-for the elk hunt, I really hope so, but I'm not ready to completely give up the compound yet. Soon.....

Should I youtube for vids on form? I also need to pick up a few other things like a good shooting glove, bowstringer, tip protector. Ordering that today. Will have lots of questions.

Comment

welcome

Comment

Awesome deal Marshrat!!! Good luck!

Comment

Good luck man, I don't do much shooting anymore around lots of compounders but occasionally I bump in to one at the club, my favorite is when the try and sell you on compounds and explain how things have changed, like you have just walked out of the woods and missed everything. Actually I love when they do this, it makes me giggle every time....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by marshrat View Post
                      Thanks, guys. I'm going to be studying up on the proper form. I had one of the owners of the shop watch me shoot, and she was giving me some points. It is awkward, but I really had fun. I have a hog shoot coming up on Spring Break with squiggy, and as much as I would like to be ready, I doubt I will be to put them down cleanly. I'm gonna try my best though.

TWP-for the elk hunt, I really hope so, but I'm not ready to completely give up the compound yet. Soon.....

Should I youtube for vids on form? I also need to pick up a few other things like a good shooting glove, bowstringer, tip protector. Ordering that today. Will have lots of questions.
                      Good for you... The sooner you hang the compound up the sooner your learning curve will go up. I pulled out my compound a while back and it was no fun. I have not shot the compound in in two years and it was like I shot it the day before.

I get way more satisfaction putting up a good group with my longbow than I ever did with the compound, and I think that you will also. It is just fun, you will get it in no time. Be patient, great shooting does not come over night. Enjoy your new bow!!!

Comment

Congrats,

John you giggle at almost anything!

Comment

Originally posted by jreyna920 View Post
                          Good luck man, I don't do much shooting anymore around lots of compounders but occasionally I bump in to one at the club, my favorite is when the try and sell you on compounds and explain how things have changed, like you have just walked out of the woods and missed everything. Actually I love when they do this, it makes me giggle every time....
                          I love when they tell me "Gosh, you'd be deadly with a compound".

Comment

Working...
                          X