$500-700 Recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$500-700 Recurve

I’ve been shooting compounds for over 30 years. I’ve been bit by the trad bug and I’m looking for a nicer bow. In the $500-700ish price range, what do you guys recommend. Thanks in advance!

Wow. Well the list is long if you're willing to buy used.

Comment

Check Bob Sarrels Archery in Austin. I got one in trade here on TBH years ago, and it's a sweet shooting bow.

Comment

Does Bob build recurves?

Comment

Ton of good ones out there, but I would start with trying to find a used Bob Lee in that price range.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
            Ton of good ones out there, but I would start with trying to find a used Bob Lee in that price range.
            I'm on the lookout, but that's a tall order!

Comment

Originally posted by ArcherAG 93 View Post

I'm on the lookout, but that's a tall order!

For less money you could always get something like a used bear or howatt/martin.

Another option would be to get a riser that takes ilf limbs and then you can change the limbs as your taste or strength changed. Ilf risers don't have to be aluminum if you don't want them to be, there's a lot of wood handled options at Lancaster and probably three rivers that can be had pretty reasonably. And the limbs can go from mild to wild

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                Another option would be to get a riser that takes ilf limbs and then you can change the limbs as your taste or strength changed. Ilf risers don't have to be aluminum if you don't want them to be, there's a lot of wood handled options at Lancaster and probably three rivers that can be had pretty reasonably. And the limbs can go from mild to wild

This is what I would do. I recently got back in to Trad Archery after a 10+ year hiatus and was shocked at how expensive stuff is. I was already into ILF rigs when I got out of shooting so I know my way around them....as much as I like a nice custom or production bow, the generic ILF risers & limbs are a better deal when it comes to shooting IMO.

Comment

Try this website. I know the owner well and you can’t deal with a better person. And, there are some really good deals on there.

Tim King started bowhunting at the age of 13, the start of a life long passion. Having bowhunted 4 continents over those 5 decades, he has amassed a very practical knowledge of equipment. He has literally bought and sold hundreds of bows, a passion that this site will King of Sports Outfitters

As an example, here’s a Blacktail Columbian longbow on that site for $750. 51@29.5”, so will probably be 46-47@28”.

Bisch
                  Last edited by Bisch; 03-26-2024, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    Try this website. I know the owner well and you can’t deal with a better person. And, there are some really good deals on there.

Tim King started bowhunting at the age of 13, the start of a life long passion. Having bowhunted 4 continents over those 5 decades, he has amassed a very practical knowledge of equipment. He has literally bought and sold hundreds of bows, a passion that this site will King of Sports Outfitters

As an example, here’s a Blacktail Columbian longbow on that site for $750. 51@29.5”, so will probably be 46-47@28”.

Bisch
                    Hey buddy….I lost your number. Shoot me a text if you still have mine.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      Does Bob build recurves?
                      I have one. Its handle is 'low wrist' like a longbow, but that's his style of risers. PM me if you want his mobile number to contact him. I have what Bob called "Ohhhhh, you have THAT bow!". Craziest history for a bow I'd win a bet for a beer every time I'd tell it.

Comment

I have his number. Just never have seen a Sarrells recurve

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch
                          Had no idea that was Tim's website. Seen before, but never put 2 and 2 together.

Comment

The Bob Lee Bows Fan Club group in facebook has them in that range ocasssionally. this weekend there was a nice for $650.

Comment

I have a Brandon Stahl Wildcat for sale. RH 62" and about 47@28". Send me your money and I will send you the bow. It's a very nice bow but I'm long on bows in that weight.

Comment

Working...
                              X