Bear Hunt Practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear Hunt Practice

After hunting on the ground for the last 10 or so yrs I’m going bear hunting from 10’ up.

I figure if I’m going to be taking one few thousand dollars shot I better practice from a tree stand.

I had an audience.​
    Attached Files

Yes sir. Prepare for your hunt, like you'll hunt is always the smart way.

Comment

Them whistlers are everywhere these days.
      Best of luck on your hunt sir!

Comment

So, did you kill the Sasquatch??????

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          So, did you kill the Sasquatch??????

Bisch
          no but my lawn people can’t seem to mow AROUND him very well.

Comment

What are you feeding in that tree box? Looks like corn and the ducks know where the trough is located.
            I thought they were egyptian geese at first. Thatd
            be sweet year round harvesting.
            Good skilling in the bear hunt MrMEB.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
              What are you feeding in that tree box? Looks like corn and the ducks know where the trough is located.
              I thought they were egyptian geese at first. Thatd
              be sweet year round harvesting.
              Good skilling in the bear hunt MrMEB.
              It’s corn. I like to watch the Squirrels, doves, ducks. I’ve have to trap several coons and opossums. I’ve only seen and killed one rat. Hawks hunt the squirrels and doves. I have to be careful with my chihuahua.

We live in town in a subdivision that’s been here since 1965. We even have coyotes. No deer unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post

It’s corn. I like to watch the Squirrels, doves, ducks. I’ve have to trap several coons and opossums. I’ve only seen and killed one rat. Hawks hunt the squirrels and doves. I have to be careful with my chihuahua.

We live in town in a subdivision that’s been here since 1965. We even have coyotes. No deer unfortunately.
                Cool.

Where are you going bear hunting? Ive had the itch for bear hunting but havent yet.

I reckon youre going vertical because youre getting busted down low…?

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                  Cool.

Where are you going bear hunting? Ive had the itch for bear hunting but havent yet.

I reckon youre going vertical because youre getting busted down low…?
                  I’ve never been bear hunting. The guide is putting us up in a tree so I’m trying to practice from one. I’ve hunted from the ground in south Texas the last several yrs so I’m out of practice.

Pat Handley and I are going with a guide service in Saskatchewan that he has used in the past.

Comment

Shooting downward is a bit different and needs to be practiced. Good idea.

Comment

Bears aren't that tough to put down, but you have to hit them right. So practice in actual shooting situations at actual distances is key.
                      Last edited by Wudstix; 03-21-2024, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Train like you hunt, hunt like you train.

Black bear spring season opens in Montana April 15. No baiting allowed here, so with a bow spot and stalk.

Comment

That would be great, PA is the same way.

Comment

Working...
                          X