Arrow Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Flight

I have been shooting about a dozen arrows a day with the long bow out to 20 yards with good groups and constancy.

I have one arrow that I shoot at this point because I am still not sure if I want to get serious about shooting traditional and that’s all that was left with the bow.

I have noticed that when I release the arrow it sometimes tends to flex and it hits the target about 3 inches left of the center of target.

have also found that now that I a have lot more confidence than I had when I started and my draw length has lengthened.

Is this me or is the spine weight of the arrow need to be heavier?

Your draw length will usually lengthen some as you learn to use your back tension correctly and your form and consistency gel and solidify.
    More to your point , yes, thus can and will change the spine consideration of your arrow and point. You can try going down in point weight before going up in spine. Sometimes it can take only a tweeking of your brace height.

Comment

this. ☝
      I notice if I overextend my draw, I'll push shots left. That usually happens when I'm drawing too far and not "pushing" towards the target.
      If you're a righty and you're seeing arrows go off to the left, it usually means the spine is too stiff. Going down in spine or more tip weight will remedy.
      What's your setup? What bow and weight are you shooting? What's the arrow make, length, spine, etc?

Comment

Working...
      X