Bucks VS Does

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucks VS Does

For every buck I have on the wall I have 3 does that I’m more proud of the skill needed to harvest.

Does are smart spooky B’s.

For us mature does absolutely 100%. Got a big one bet she is 160 -170 on the hoof. She is constantly staring and very smart. She had dropped twins the last few years and she usally weans her yearlings by mid October. She dropped two buttons this year.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
      For us mature does absolutely 100%. Got a big one bet she is 160 -170 on the hoof. She is constantly staring and very smart. She had dropped twins the last few years and she usally weans her yearlings by mid October. She dropped two buttons this year.
      It's hard for me to shoot a doe that does that. The ones who are dry on one fawn get the top of the list.

Comment

Early this fall, I'm 15ft in a tree and camo'd out. No wind. I'm sent free, face mask, etc. Not moving a hair. Old doe steps out about 45 yards away and is staring right at me till she snorts and runs off.

They've go some wicked radar working.

Comment

I’ll take a 155” 10 pt any day all day you can have all the slick heads you want.

Highest scoring buck I have killed in 45 years of hunting is 147 inch ten pt. I could have killed 20 does this year alone.

It’s the rarity of finding or locating a buck with large antlers that score that much. I don’t even know if there is one that big where I hunt. Never seen it or have pictures of it. Nobody has killed one that big within 4 miles of where I am located that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
            I’ll take a 155” 10 pt any day all day you can have all the slick heads you want.

Highest scoring buck I have killed in 45 years of hunting is 147 inch ten pt. I could have killed 20 does this year alone.

It’s the rarity of finding or locating a buck with large antlers that score that much. I don’t even know if there is one that big where I hunt. Never seen it or have pictures of it. Nobody has killed one that big within 4 miles of where I am located that I know of.
            That's kind of the point for me. I'm happy with killing mature animals, doe or buck. Antler size is a chase you can't win. They are either there or not. If not what do you do? Just not shoot or eat deer?
            Heck, none of us would turn down a 150 inch, ten point. The reality is most of us will NEVER get a shot at one.
            I'm a hunter. I hunt to kill. I'm an eater. I like to kill what I eat. Mature doe and 120 inch bucks eat pretty darn good.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

That's kind of the point for me. I'm happy with killing mature animals, doe or buck. Antler size is a chase you can't win. They are either there or not. If not what do you do? Just not shoot or eat deer?
              Heck, none of us would turn down a 150 inch, ten point. The reality is most of us will NEVER get a shot at one.
              I'm a hunter. I hunt to kill. I'm an eater. I like to kill what I eat. Mature doe and 120 inch bucks eat pretty darn good.
              True that

Comment

Working...
              X