Texas longbow championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas longbow championship

I’ve never been. The only longbow I have is a Roy hall “Apache”. Does this bow qualify for this shoot? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Pic of the bow?

Comment

Basically it's a one piece longbow, or two piece that looks like a one piece. Wood arrows only.

Comment

It’s a one piece longbow. Have no clue how to post pics but will try a figure that out. I’ve shot bob lee recurves since ‘98 this is my first long bow and I love it!! Roy hall s out of Henderson Tx and in my option makes a fantastic bow. Hope to meet some of the folks I see on the green screen this year at different shoots.

Comment

Then it should be fine. The no longer use a jig to check the shape. Just that the string cannot touch the limb tips past the string loop connection to the bow and it cannot a 3 piece break down bow.

Comment

That bow should be fine for the shoot. The Texas State Longbow Championship is one of the best 3D shoots in all of Texas. They have a bit different scoring format that makes it unique. If you like to shoot 3D with a longbow, do whatever you have to do to be there!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Thanks Bisch and DRT !! I will be there, looking forward to meeting / seeing you both there or somewhere down the line

Comment

Never been to this shoot. Partly cause of their weird equipment rules. I just don't have a longbow that fits their requirements, and I don't care to go out of my way to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                  Never been to this shoot. Partly cause of their weird equipment rules. I just don't have a longbow that fits their requirements, and I don't care to go out of my way to get one.
                  Your loss

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                    Idk what weird equipment rules you are talking about? They got rid of the jig they used to use to check risers a couple years ago. I’m pretty sure the bow you are hunting nilgai with right now is legal for TSLC!!!!!!

Edit: Nevermind! That bow is a 3pc. You need a 1pc for TSLC

Bisch
                    Last edited by Bisch; 12-15-2023, 04:56 PM.

Comment

If I'm healed up I may try to swing up there.

Comment

Last year, the thrill of twanging bowstrings filled the air as I joined hundreds of fellow archers at the Texas State Longbow Championship in Fort Worth. fnf

Comment

About 120 regular longbow shooters and less than 30 self bow shooters last year I think. Hope they draw more this year

Comment

i thought i was better than i am, i finally kept score of my shoots this year. Y'all putting 270+ scores is crazy. me braking 220 is a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagen View Post
                              i thought i was better than i am, i finally kept score of my shoots this year. Y'all putting 270+ scores is crazy. me braking 220 is a good day.
                              Every day above ground is a good day. If I can average 9 per taget it's a GREAT day!

Comment

Working...
                              X