Shorter trad bows for pop-up blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorter trad bows for pop-up blinds

Was invited to hunt with a buddy. He and his all shoot compounds. Their pop-up blinds are on the short side and my 62" Bob Lee just wasn't going to work. I hunted from a ladder stand. All good. But I'd like to be able to have hunted out of the pop-up. I'm thinking a 54" might have worked.

Anybody recommend a 54" bow that'll allow a 28 1/2" draw?

You better find a way to try out whatever short bow before buying one!!!! Some folks just don’t get along with short bows!!!!!

That being said, I’ve read nothing but rave reviews about the Tolke Pika.

Bisch

Comment

Early in my trad-shooting "life" I hunted with a Kodiak Magnum (52") and I draw a full 28". I do not remember finger-pinch, etc but I was pretty inexperienced at the time. The only turkey I've killed with a bow was shot out of a ground-blind with that bow.

FYI I have a 50# Kodiak Magnum you are welcome to try if you want to see what a short-bow feels like. I bought at a garage sale a few years ago and have never shot it....it is an older bow but looks to be in good shape. You'll need to get a string.

I'm a couple hours south of you in Kingwood and my daughter goes to SFA and makes regular trips to and from Nac.

Comment

58 0r 60" might be all you need. Bisch is right short bows aren't for everyone.

Comment

Cant

Comment

I've Got a 56" Grizzly I really love for Blinds

Comment

I have a 56 inch Toelke Pika, I have 58 inch Bob Lee hardcore, every bow I own is under 60 inches, pretty much for the exact reason you are speaking of. I am as accurate with the Toelke as any of them but take that with a grain of salt under 15 yds I am all over the kill zone about 90 percent of the time. I will not shoot at an animal over 15 yds unless I see sasquatch.

Comment

I have a 56” and a 58”. The 56” is my favorite bow. It fits everywhere. I have a 26” draw and it just fits me really well. Definitely try some before you buy.

Comment

I've stuck with my vintage 52" Indian Archery Mohawk for ground blind use. It's 40# @ 28". I have a 31 ?" draw length, and it scales 49# at that length. Very manageable, smooth, and with a linear increase in draw weight as measured on a scale.

Comment

I do experience a little finger pinch shooting 3 fingers with the Bear Kodiac Magnums with a 29 inch draw but with them both 45 and 50lb bows I shoot them 2 fingers and they are no problem in a popup blond.

Comment

Get you a Barronett blind and it doesn’t matter what length of bow you use. I have the Grounder 350…best blinds out there. Less than $200 and can withstand anything the weather can throw at it. Also has shoot through mesh…great blind!

Comment

I can shoot my 58' Primal Tech longbow in most blinds. Even a Double Bull. But I do cant a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by muleycrazy View Post
                          Get you a Barronett blind and it doesn’t matter what length of bow you use. I have the Grounder 350…best blinds out there. Less than $200 and can withstand anything the weather can throw at it. Also has shoot through mesh…great blind!
                          MY tent blind is plenty tall enough for my 62" recurve. Where I was invited to shoot, the owner had blinds tall enough for your average compound at 34" to 36". Not like I had a choice. So, I hunted out of ladder stand.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            Cant
                            Can't cant.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post

Can't cant.
                              I had that problem early on too.
                              lots of practice helped me grasp the change in impact it changes and learn to use that.

Comment

Working...
                              X