X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep

Comment

I know it's a bit early but I've never been able to hold water in a bucket so here I go.

Comment

Hello my name is John Boudreaux I am 30 years old and I live in Splendora Texas with my beautiful wife Mara

*my mother Marjorie

and my father JT. Without a doubt my father is the one who got me into hunting and fishing and as far back as I can remember we were always outside getting into something

. I have only been a member of the TBH communities for a little over 2 years now . I have lived a stone's throw from Chunky's house my whole life in fact I'm going to tell on myself here but there has been many occasions when I drove by his house and I would shoot whatever fountain drink remains I had at his open trash can at 40-plus miles an hour not always successful and for that I am sorry. I had been shooting compound bows for about 7 years at this point with limited success and had never shot in a 3D tournament but as luck would have it Mark contracted my uncle to build a workshop on his property and I got the opportunity to go see his many trophies. as I walked in I noticed all his traditional bows lying on the floor I said to Mark I've always been interested in using a recurve so he walked over picked up one and handed it to me and said try this one dumbfounded by his generosity I received the bow and right away started gathering the basics and shooting every day by the end of the first month I had improved enough that mark decided it was time to move up in draw weight so he let me use a heavier bow. all the while telling me his stories of Africa Australia South America and Colorado it was sometime around the 5th month when I bought the Bob lee 74 pounds at 28 inches a very heavy very deadly bow the one I got my first traditional kill with a medium sized doe from Central Texas but it could have been a bull moose as happy as I was all of the hours and practice had finally paid off and the fact that my dad got to see the whole thing unfold made it that much sweeter it was also around this time that I read about Sacagawea and seen all the lives that this bow has touch I knew the first opportunity to get my hands on it I would. I've come a long way in the last 18 months I've had some really really good advice from some really wonderful people and it has changed my livelihood and my passion I will not soon forget the first time I went to Buffs annual traditional archery get together

*the animals on his place are truly magnificent it was like being in another world to have a zebra walk up to your deer stand some of the red stags out there were amazing and getting to put a face to all of the names that I had been reading about on TBH was very special and then getting to take my first pigs with mr. Philip fields at his traditional pig hunt was very exciting my brother and I got to hunt together something we rarely get to do and we were fortunate enough to harvest These Fine animals
        Last edited by little john; 08-10-2016, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I've rattled on enough now but I would like to say thank you to chunky and mr. Sarrells for putting this together it truly is amazing and genuinely a unique way to meet people I just hope that I can put back into this experience as much as I know I will get out of it.
          Good Juju and happy Hunting your friend John Boudreaux

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
          Last edited by little john; 08-10-2016, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1470880846735.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	24456307

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1470881047461.jpg
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	24456309Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1470881087719.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	24456310

Comment

Dangit, John! You car is rolling over! I hope that all turned out OK!

And there appears to be a moose in that last pic!

Good writeup! If you came to the LSBA shoot Sunday, bring Sakajawea with you.

Bisch

Comment

Great writeup John.

Comment

I want to say this about Little John, first I have never seen anyone improve as fast as he has. I think he is a natural, but he also has worked as hard at his shooting as anyone I know.

For the last two years he has lived and breathed traditional archery, and we have had some awesome times shooting. Crazy moving targets, flying targets, all types of gagets and games. We shoot all winter in my shop where we built a rubber mat wall.

As far as a friend goes, he is top notch. If you need help and call him he will be there as fast a possible...and has proved that many times. He did cost me about a dozen oak tree by throwing a goat on my place, but he has made up for that many times over.

I hope you enjoy your time with the bow, and write again about how it goes while you have her.

Comment

Good write-up John. I'm really glad you got your first pigs at our trad pig hunt and I'm looking forward to seeing you at the next one in April.

Comment

Nice writeup brother.

I'll second what Mark said. John is a standup guy. Always seemingly in a good mood, even when you know he shouldn't be. He is definitely a natural when it comes to shooting. I can honestly say that I have let myself be envious of his ability to become such a great shot in such a short amount of time. But you couldn't wish more for such a happy guy.... and I know he puts a ton amount of work into it so it is really more deserved than it is anything else.

BTW, Sacagawea will make an appearance at the Banana Bend TBOT this Saturday when I bring it over and hand it off to John.

Comment

I did total that car as some of you know. Lol *****. Thanks for all the kind words guys it's been a roller-coaster ride but it's been a fun roller coaster ride I've had my hands up the whole time

Comment

Lil John

I will echo what the other fellows have said about John. John has become more like a Brother than a friend. I too envy his shooting abilities, he is a natural that works hard to never be satisfied with his shooting.

I have to say thanks again to Chunky, this bow has brought a bunch of people together. Chunky is the key to John's shooting. When I met John he had been shooting with Chunky for a few months and could already shoot lights out. Thanks Chunky, you're the best.

I was lucky to shoot the LSBA State Championship last year with John, Chunky and my mini-me Tod. John actually won that shoot with at least one world class shooter there along with many, many above average shots there. John is a Champion in life as well as a shooter that I am proud to call a friend.

John if you have to work Saturday I will gladly pick the bow up from Scott. If it is OK with you, I will take the bow to the LSBA State Shoot Sunday. She can make her 2nd appearance at the state shoot.

Comment

As of right this moment it's still up in the air but I believe I will be off on Saturday and if I am off on Saturday I will be making the tournament

Comment

Working...
                                X