Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great write up Scott! Have fun with the bow!

Comment

Good write up, and thanks for the kind words.

Perhaps Kevin will throw us up a write up as well.

Comment

Wow great write up !

Comment

A very good bio Scott!

Comment

Nice write up brother glad you shared

Comment

Any news?

Comment

Great writeup Scott!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by little john View Post
                  Any news?
                  I haven't shot it much, but I guess I can come clean as to why.

A month ago, I somehow tweaked by bow arm. I can't quite extend it without it hurting midway between my elbow and my shoulder. My shoulder burns a bit too. I can only describe it as tendonitis. Well, I had hoped it would clear up with some rest, but it really hasn't. I don't shoot Sac much because to be honest, she gives me a bunch of hand shock and that makes the pain worse. When I shoot my own bow, it is not nearly as bad, so I have been sticking to my short 6-12 shot sessions with my own bow so I can keep up some "feel" and some strength on the bow I still hope to hunt with come this season.

Got a appointment with the ortho for next week. I am praying that all I'll need is a shot or two to calm down the pain while I rehab the supporting muscles. As you know, once the pain is too much to handle, you just keep getting weaker.

So, that is my sad story for the time I have had with her... I was at least hoping to make a 3D shoot with her, but that is just not going to happen.

Comment

No matter my friend, you held her, you shot her, and now you are a part of the history and story. That is what it is all about. .

Comment

I hope you get better soon my friend.

Comment

Sorry to hear that brother

Comment

Short update on me... not the bow. The bow is still hanging on the rack... along with my bow which I have managed to shoot at least once, maybe twice a week through this shoulder pain.

Saw a doc today, nothing is torn. Just some tendonitis on the backside of the shoulder that is radiating down my tricep. Got a shot, got some stronger meds, and praying that with a little bit of rehab and strengthening again, I can get back to shooting pain free. He didn't limit me on my activities or draw weight, but I'll know I'll have to take it slow in upping the reps again.

Comment

Hope it gets better Scott. I know exactly how you are feeling, as I have not been able to shoot right since June 11th. I amback to shooting my 50# bow, but I cant shoot worth a flip, and it is really bumming me out.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              Hope it gets better Scott. I know exactly how you are feeling, as I have not been able to shoot right since June 11th. I amback to shooting my 50# bow, but I cant shoot worth a flip, and it is really bumming me out.

Bisch
                              I am pretty sure you condition stunk way more than mine... which is why I really didn't say much. I could still shoot my 50# bow. It was just that outstretched position that caused pain, specifically during shot recoil. I was hoping that rest and over the counter meds/ice would help... but that wasn't working. Luckily my strength is still there and I am glad I shot a little bit through the discomfort in order to keep my "feel"... but even then, I noticed it dropping off and that is when I finally gave in and went to see a doc. I didn't want to wait any longer... only 2 months till season. As long as nothing bad happens between now and then... I should be fine. I am already feeling better from the shot, so I will see what it feels like after work today.

I basically did a lot of fly fishing in order to keep my mind off of it and force to rest that arm (doesn't play a role in fly fishing.)

Comment

Are we still meeting up at BB on sat

Comment

Working...
                                X