• Show
Clear All

Whoo x2

Comment

Hey Kevin!!! did you get the bow?

Comment

I to am getting antsy

Comment

I'm wondering as well. He is in the Richmond area, and hasn't responded to any PM's. I hope all is well with him and the bow arrived safely.

Comment

Sorry guys ... I did get her, but I don't get on much anymore.

I've been swamped, at work, and haven't had much time to do anything, but I do plan on slinging some arrows this weekend. I do have to say, this bow is BEAUTIFUL, and if it shoots anything like it looks, I know I'm going to have to get one just like it before this is all over with.

Will post updates soon. I promise!

Comment

Any news ?

Comment

New member here and have just spent way too much time reading through this thread instead of working. Wanted to just stop in and say that this is quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen (read). Keep up the updates!

Richard.

Comment

Cough cough, Scott has it, I mean any news? Lol

Comment

Picking it up tonight bro... be patient

Comment

I can see it now.... August 6th, at 5am, I am going to have some erratic knocking at my door.

Comment

Picked up Sacagawea from Kevin this evening. Got home, strung her up, and sent a few down range. She is a pretty bow for sure. Here is her new temporary home. I am sure she will get to do a little local traveling this month as well.

Will post up a bio in the next couple of days.

Comment

My name is Scott Faasse. I was born into a traveling military family. I have a sister that is 7 years older than me. My father retired and my parents were divorced after moving back to Killeen when I was in the 4th grade. I was raised by my mother who struggled with some form of depression throughout my childhood. We lived at or under poverty level.

Due mainly to my involvement with our church, St Christopher's in Killeen, TX, I was still able to participate in a lot of fun stuff growing up (thanks to the generosity of the church, we couldn't afford it otherwise.) I got to go on canoe trips, retreats, campouts, lock-ins, mission trips to Corpus and Galveston. I met my future wife there, even though we went to the same high school. Some families within the church bought me a $500 farm truck so that I could go off to college.

I was really good at Physics and enjoyed radio and electronics so I attended Texas A&M with the help of a lot of financial aid from the state and loans from the government. I began dating my future wife when she began attending Sam Houston State the following year. Due to financial struggles, she dropped out and we got an apartment together while I finished off school. We got married in a small church in Navasota with friends and family in 2000, 1 semester before I graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering.

I landed a job in Houston at Compaq Computer Corporation as a Firmware developer. My first year salary was the same amount that my mom had earned all 4 years I was in high school combined (I know this because I had to go through her tax documents to file for financial aid.) But we had accrued quite a bit of debt in chasing the dream. After a few years of paying off debts we had our first and only house built and had the 1st of our 2 kiddos.

In my 20s I was heavy into cycling and road racing. I used to get around everywhere growing up on a hand-me down bike or by walking. I had broken my knee and weight 260lbs and got back into it when I was relegated to a couch in July watching the Tour de France on TV. I dropped down to 170lbs within a year and was riding 100 miles or more a week. I rode in MS150s and raced all around Texas. I eventually got into a nasty crash warming up for a race where I broke my collarbone into 3 pieces. After recovering from that, I still had the drive to race, but it died quickly when I realized I needed to be more family focused.

Our 2nd child, our daughter, was born not too long after. I still rode for fitness off and on, but I eventually switched to hunting as the reason to get out into the outdoors... away from it all (racing was no longer away from it all like riding was.) I found TBH when I was researching the Sam Houston National forest as a place to hunt. I didn't actually join. I hunted the forest for a couple years without having much success. My first kill was a swamp rabbit I killed on a farm that an older gentleman from church had taken me to go squirrel hunting.

I eventually got onto a lease with a co-worker/friend, who I had taught the ropes on how to do endurance bicycle riding. Things like proper form, how to pedal, eat and drink on the bike, ride in a group, etc. He was returning the favor by showing me the ins and outs of lease hunting. That and he needed to fill some spots

I was very successful hunting with a gun, but got into bow hunting at the close of that first season and officially joined TBH. I continued to gun hunt, but hunted with a bow during archery season. My first shot on a deer mortally wounded a doe, but I never recovered her. That following spring, I went on my first TBH group hunt down to Laredo. Ed Libscomb (Lip) helped me through my struggles and I finally put down a javi, a hog, and a rabbit. It was that spring that I picked up traditional as a way to be able to have fun shooting with my son in the back yard. But it struck a lot deeper and within 6 months... after finally killing a deer with my compound, I went 100% trad when it came to bow hunting. I have actually had more success with a trad bow than I ever did shooting a compound in the same time frame. October will be 2 years since I have gone exclusively trad (will still pick up the boom stick when hunting with my son who is now 11.)

My first trad kill was a hog up at Buff's during the annual trad get together he has up there to celebrate Bisch's birfday.

Now I call many of you on this forum as some of my greatest friends (My best friend is always my wife!) My favorite part of traditional hunting has been the folks I've met. People who I have learned a lot, and people whom I enjoy hearing their stories and sharing in our mutual hunting successes and failures.

I am honored to be apart of this tradition of passing around Sacagawea. And of course it is fitting that it was started by Mark... as Mark was one of the many fellas on here that has offered personal help with trad and making it fun and enjoyable. I'm glad I took him up on his offer nearly 2 years ago to stop by and shoot some.

Comment

Good stuff Scott !

Comment

Good write-up Scott. Hope to share a campfire with you some day.

Comment

Nice write up my friend. I hope you have a great Birthday Weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X