• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been quiet for awhile any news

Comment

Originally posted by little john View Post
      Been quiet for awhile any news
      Last I checked.... it still wasn't may (or April).... or 6-8 weeks yet either

Comment

Im gonna try to shoot her this weekend. Ive been out of town since I got her

Comment

Any info

Comment

Hi guys,

I just want to start out by saying Thanks to Chunky and Sarrels Archery for making this possible.

My name is Aaron Vezorak and I am a native Texan. We can trace the roots of my Moms family back to the mid 1800's in Leon County which is where I grew up. I have always had a love of the outdoors and hunting and spent a great part of my youth in the woods. I always had the little youth bows growing up but never was serious about archery, I preferred to hunt with a rifle.

All that changed around the pre-deer season of 1995. My uncle brought a friend with him to the lease who was a trad bowhunter. I dont remember what the make of his longbow was, I just remember how excited he got when I outshot him with it on my very first try. Shooting a traditional bow instinctively has also been the most natural thing to me.

Unfortunately that was the last year we were on that lease and I started working full time shortly after so I didnt pursue archery hunting for almost 10 years later. I traded for a Bob Lee takedown recurve that was around 55#. I shot it for a year or so and killed a couple pigs with it. After that I went on a quest for the perfect bow, which ended with me abandoning the search when I got engaged. I owned another Bob Lee, a Black Widow, a 21st Century and finally a couple Foleys. I shot them a lot more than I hunted with them during this time.

Fast forward to 2008. I got on another lease in north Freestone county, bought a compound and hunted the next 3 seasons with it. I took countless pigs and a few deer with it. All the time I was wishing I was hunting with a longbow. So I sold my Black Mamba II and started looking for a longbow. Before I made up my mind, the property sold and I was again without a lease.

I moved to College Station around that time and have had very little time to dedicate to shooting or hunting of any kind. However Sacagawea has fanned the flames again and getting another trad bow is back on the radar. Im leaning toward having one built for me instead of trying to find one already built.

I didnt get to spend nearly as much time as i would have liked with Sac, since I was on the road most of August. However I did get to spend an afternoon shooting her at a friends house and she shoots like a dream. I even tried her left handed. That was an experience!

Comment

Nice writeup Aaron. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great writeup Aaron!

Bisch

Comment

Man alive. This bow has had alot of arrows flung thru her. Glad you guys are having fun with her.

Comment

Great write-up Aaron!!!

Comment

Nice write-up Aaron.

Comment

Nice write-up Aaron.

Comment

Nice brother

Comment

Nice to meet you, good write up.

Comment

Nice write up. I am getting excited looking at the names I may get a chance to hunt with her.

Comment

Where is the bow? Aaron did you send it?

Comment

Working...
                                X