X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet looking bow!!

Comment

Thanks guys. But I'll tell you this, if I don't get that lil girl a bow soon and I mean REAL soon, she's gonna kill me. Hasn't stopped asking yet. Can't be more happy to spend that money!!!

Comment

Comment

Hi All,

First of all I'd like to thank Chunky, Bob and Zach at Sarrels Archery for making this happen, and the 1st group that paid our dues. Well, I thought I'd go ahead and start my bio while Sac is heading my way. I had actually planned on doing a little hunting with her but I don't think that will happen this pass. I will take plenty pictures when she arrives. I should have some very nice arrows made by our very own Manuel about the same time that Sac will arrive. Here we go...

My name is Ben Ulrich. I am married to a very lovely, talented and tolerant lady, today's our 21st wedding anniversary. She happens to be about as interested in archery as I am interested in her sewing. Well, we're proof that opposites attract. We have 4 sons and they all out shoot me, and 1 daughter that does not care about archery.

I was raised on a working cattle ranch. With that being said I was riding horse before I started walking, literally. The ranch was covered with game so I started hunting at a very early age. I was dragging around a rope or a bow from an early age, between roping or shooting chickens (rubber tipped arrow at 1st) proved to be very addicting. I got a 30# Pearson Recurve when I was around 10 years old. Shortly there after I stopped shooting chickens, I still remember the day my bottom hurt and I learned how to clean a chicken. I gave up goat roping a little sooner, but that's another story that has nothing to do with archery (the goat was fine in the end).

When the teenage years rolled around I almost completely forgot about archery, between sports, girls and calf roping I still stayed pretty busy. Although towards the end of my teen years, a roping buddy gave me my first compound bow. I was easily hooked on archery again. I have shot a few, very few deer with a rifle but I have always loved bowhunting. I loved bowhunting to the point that some people made fun of me. The same people that made fun of me were the first ones to call me when they got started with a bow.

When I decided to learn to shoot traditional I was very lucky to make some great friends here at TBH. Believe me when I tell you that the guys and gals here are "World Class" I'm not just referring to there shooting abilities. The people who have helped my sons and I are many, you know who you are, thanks.

We try to shoot at our house weekly for a little fellowship and shooting. Sometimes, we mostly shoot the bull with a little bow shooting, other times we have to be reminded that supper is ready. Anyone who would like to come by and shoot is welcome at our house anytime. There're quite a few that have been to our house for some shooting and fellowship, the only guarantees I can give is the food is likely to be better than the shooting. One other guarantee is you can shoot Sac in the next few weeks if you want to come by.

Thanks again for putting this together Chunky, you're a great ambassador to our sport in many ways.

Comment

nice write-up brother Ben and you can bet your biscuits I'm going to come shoots SAC cant wait

Comment

Good write-up Ben. Would love meet and shoot with you.

Comment

Awesome write-up Ben! I hope to shoot with you one day.

Comment

Great bio Ben!

Comment

Nice, Ben, and Happy Anniversary!!!

21 years, still a newlywed!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Great write up Ben, and thanks for the kind words. You have helped plenty of people yourself, and there is no shortage of people on this site willing to lend a hand to others. That is one of the main reasons I come here so often.

Comment

Comment

Well, she arrived safely today. Tomorrow we'll have some friends over and we'll give her a fun test run.

Comment

Get after it, Ben!

And have fun too!

Bisch

Comment

So excited to finally get my hands on the legendary Sacagawea

Comment

Well Sac is a pretty thing with a mean delivery, she hits hard for such a little girl. We had some friends over this evening that we introduced to Sac, she was a hit. Somehow we managed to keep all of the arrows on the target, this was a challenge since us right hand shooters were shooting mostly left hand. There were even a couple very respectable left hand groups.

Lil John may be in love, it seems that he could not miss with her right hand or left hand. Of coarse that lad can plain shoot. Our shooting session lasted a lot longer than normal but we all had a great time. That's all for now

Comment

Working...
                                X