Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good. I will give you a call when I can.

Comment

To all following along, I now have the bow and will starting hunting with it Friday evening. Hopefully it will not take to long to shoot a deer with it. How do we find the list of folks so I know who to send it to?

Comment

Originally posted by bowyer View Post
        the second list.

1. Bassmatt72
        2. Brent.westbrook
        3. Phillip fields
        4. Iansumrall
        5. Loreva13
        6. Hoggslayer
        7. Bowtech lefty
        8. Trh
        9. Ajmag
        10. Chester12
        11. Deer99hunter
        12. Chew
        13. Pybuck
        14. Mike murphey
        15. Bowyer
        16. Airehead
        17. Rack
        18. Centex
        19. Swampghost
        20. Txoutdoorsman24
        [/quote]

Comment

There you go brother

Comment

Good luck Mike. Hope you stick you something.

Comment

Good luck Mike!!!!

Comment

Best of luck.

Comment

Good luck, Milke!

BIsch

Comment

Good luck brother pics or it didn't happen

Comment

Best of luck

Comment

Any luck mike

Comment

I wanted to share my hunt with the traveling bow. After I received the bow from Bobby, (Chew), I took it out and strung it….
                          Before I get to the shooting of the bow, let me tell you a little bit about myself. I started archery as most folks did, but wanting an extra month of deer hunting. I was lucky enough to go to an archery shop that taught me the right way to do it, Archery Sports, located then in Pasadena Texas. This was run by Earle Bateman, who has been in to archery since the cavemen knew about making a bow out of Osage, (it seems that long when you have a chance to talk to him). He taught me to shoot properly, and to shoot instinctive. I shot compounds for several years and had the opportunity to shoot for a couple of archery bow manufactures.
                          I had the chance to meet many fine folks in archery and was appointed to the Board of Directors for the National Bowhunter Education Foundation. I worked with this group for 10 years. Being on the Board of Directors for the NBEF, I had an opportunity to help out Texas Parks and Wildlife to create a new and exciting program called “Becoming an Outdoor Woman” for the state of Texas where it was created to help teaching women “outdoor skills” to teach their children the love of the outdoors. This program teaches from fly fishing, biking, bird watching, canoeing and archery. I even got the chance to see a 90 year old woman catch her first fish!
                          I have been introduced into the Texas Archery Hall of Fame for the work that I have done in Archery since I stated in 1969.
                          But now to what you really want to hear….
                          I had several arrows of different weights to try out of it. I tried shooting the different arrows but had the same result with each arrow. I shot to the right. I normally shoot straight up and down, but I had to take the bow to 45 degrees to get it to shoot to the center.
                          I thought maybe it was me, and had one of my friends shoot it (I’m left handed and he is right handed) and he had the same problem, just on the other side of the target.
                          So with that, I was worried about drawing back on an animal and having my normal drawing and aiming method taking over and either missing to the right or making a bad shot depending on which way the animal was facing.
                          To say I was disappointed is an understatement, but I feel I made the right decision. The bow has been sent to BOWYER and he should be telling us how it shoots for him. I feel privileged to get the opportunity to take an animal, but I feel like I let each of you down but I knew in my heart it was the right decision to make.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Mike!

Comment

Awesome bio, Mike! Without a doubt you made the right decision.

Thanks for sharing with us!

Comment

Awesome, Mike!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X