Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps you can take your turn at the end of the list?

Comment

No worries Hoggslayer, as long as you held her and got to shoot some, you accomplished the mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
        Perhaps you can take your turn at the end of the list?
        I would not be opposed to that, I just know September will not be good for me. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Hope you new change is good.

Comment

Bowtech lefty. Pm coming your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
              Bowtech lefty. Pm coming your way.
              pm returned.

Comment

Just wondering if I was on the list yet lol

Comment

Comment

The second list.

1. bassmatt72
                    2. brent.westbrook
                    3. Phillip Fields
                    4. Iansumrall
                    5. Loreva13
                    6. Hoggslayer
                    7. Bowtech Lefty
                    8. TRH
                    9. AJMag
                    10. Chester12
                    11. Deer99hunter
                    12. Chew
                    13. PYBuck
                    14. Mike Murphey
                    15. Bowyer
                    16. airehead
                    17. RACK
                    18. Centex
                    19. SwampGhost
                    20. txoutdoorsman24[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by little john View Post
                      Just wondering if I was on the list yet lol
                      You cannot get on the list until this list is over and a new list is created. When this list is near the end, Mark will start a thread to create a new list with the next 20 or so folks.

Bisch

Comment

Thank you good sir I wait with baited breath

Comment

Well, my time with Sacajawea is just about over. It hasn't been nearly as productive as I'd hoped, but It's still a honor to be able to add to her journey.
                          So here's my bio.
                          My name is Jay Horn. I'm 45 years old and I'm married to my lovely wife Miriah for 7 years. We have 3 children, 18, 14, and 6. Hers, mine and ours.

My oldest just graduated high school with two associates degrees and will be attending Embry Riddle Aeronautical University where he plans to pursue a degree in aerospace engineering and space physics. I'm very proud of him as you might have noticed.

My 14 year old is my hunting and fishing buddy.

My 6 year old daughter can't wait until she gets to go also. She's going to be better at it than her brothers.

I'm a Design Engineer at NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory (NBL). We train the astronauts for space walks in the worlds largest indoor pool. I design all the mockups of the various space station modules, tools, space ships, etc. I've been here for about 5 years and it's a great place to work. Before the NBL I work for a Concrete Truck manufacturer for 18 years starting as a welder, and moving into engineering where I proceeded to get fat from sitting behind a desk.
                          I grew up on the south side of Houston, and live in Mavel now where the wife and I just bought a new house last December.
                          I've never lived more that 15 miles away from where I grew up.
                          I've always loved hunting and fishing. Growing up my dad would take us fishing 2 or 3 times a year but I would hunt daily with my BB gun or slingshot. Down the street from our house was a gun range where I had a running tab for BB's. My Dad would stop by and pay it off from time to time. He put a stop to my charge account when I hit my teenage years and the bill was $200 the month after he bought me a shotgun.
                          We lived on a dead end and were surrounded by rice and soybean fields. It was some great dove hunting. I've shot more dove in my Moms back yard than anywhere else I've ever hunted. My brother and I would always have 6 or 7 friends there after school dove hunting.
                          After I moved out and got married I met some guys at work that like to hunt and fish. I got into fishing pretty big for a while and tournament fished, but that got really expensive and to much like work. I stopped the tournament stuff and picked up deer hunting to try and save some money.
                          I got my first bow when I was 24, a PSE compound. Shot my first Deer a week later and was hook. I did some 3D shooting and a lot of hunting until I got divorced. I was forced to take a break from all my hobbies for about 10 years because of lack of funds after the divorce, if you know what I mean.
                          When I got remarried I got back in it and started taking my kids hunting with me. That.... Is the best feeling in the world. My oldest son shot a hog and a doe his 1st trip out with my old PSE.

My youngest has shot several with a rifle and will not even take a gun to the stand any longer. Its bow only for him.

I picked up trad shooting kind of by accident a few years back. I invited my nephew to go to a 3D shoot with my son and I, thinking he could just share my sons bow. He couldn't pull back the bow and my son didn't want to turn it down to accommodate his cousin. So I grabbed a piece of PVC and put a string on it. I was surprised at how will it shot and started researching how to make them better. I've made them for all the kids in the family and a few friends as well. Then I set out to make a real one out of wood.
                          That's what brought me to TBH. I read the Trad section and anything else I could find on making bows. The 1st one I made I shot it every day for 6 months straight. I've made several more but haven't finished them completely. I hope to finish some of them in the near future.
                          I've never been much of a forum type of guy, but TBH is a lot different as you know. I've never asked a question that someone didn't try to help and I've never been talked down to because I was a newbee. That's the first thing that I noticed about TBH so I started hanging around a little more and saw just what a great place it is. I am amazed daily with the generosity of people on here.

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this.

Comment

Great write-up,Jay, and good looking crew you got there too! Like Mark (Chunky) always says, it is not about killing something with this bow. It is about holding and shooting her, and being part of the history!

On another note, do you know M.E.B. on here? I'm pretty sure Mike works for NASA too, but I don't have a clue what he does.

Bisch

Comment

Great write-up Jay!!!! Loving reading and seeing how you got the kids involved.

Comment

Great write up Jay.

Comment

Working...
                                X