Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone! My Name is Lorenzo Vasquez III. I was born in El Paso some 30 years ago and have always called this city home. The outdoors has always been my sanctuary and I've enjoyed countless hours in the wilderness camping, backpacking, hiking, volunteering to maintain and clean up trails, fishing, hunting with my guns, and bow hunting. My experiences outside the city have been fun and adventurous!

I thank my mother and father for making me an outdoors man and giving me a love of something so pure, the wilderness. My mother was diagnosed with kidney failure when I was 7 years old. She suffered through three failed transplants, a 3-month coma, breast cancer, and numerous other complications. She survived 17 hard years from the time she was first diagnosed. In those 17 years she tried her hardest to give me what I loved the most, opportunities to play in the mountains, fish, and camp. When the doctors advised her not to go camping or to avoid outdoors activities she lied to me and told me the opposite so that I could build my experiences outdoors be it hiking, camping, fishing, or shooting.

Although, my parents divorced and struggled financially, they both did their best to get my brother and I out into the wilderness. My father showed me how to fish and hunt but most importantly, he showed me how shoot a bow and arrow! My dad did what he had to do to build up the funds to take me fishing and hunting and to buy my brother and I our bows. To this day I still share nights under the stars with my father and despite all the struggles he helped engrave the love for the outdoors that I have!

At a young age my father started my brother and I off with bear fiberglass longbows I believe. At age 6, he brought me my first compound and I shot a compound from that point until 2012. I had always wanted to try traditional archery; however, I always worried I'd put to much money into it and there really wasn't anyone out here that I knew who was an experienced traditional archer and could guide me. Then, two individuals made separate trips from Europe to Texas and I followed both threads and became engulfed with the idea of shooting a recurve or longbow. A comment later and a pm from TWP and here I am today, totally putting way to much money into it! Thus, my venture into traditional archery began and continues. It has been a blast I must say and I am glad and proud that Sacagawea accompanied me on first 3D shoot with a traditional bow.

As far the rest of my bio, I have a bachelors degree in elementary education and currently I am a writer, for the most part, I edit material and help people prepare written documents such as business plans, etc. Prior to this I worked as a sheet metal worker during college from 2007 to 2010 and before that I helped my grandfather run and manage his landscaping and lawn service company from the time I graduate high school until the time I decided it was time for college.

I am married to a beautiful and wonderful wife and have two amazing children. My daughter and son are my life and I am very happy to say they are growing the same love and passion for the wilderness that I have. I have gotten my brother, father, and grandfather into traditional archery as well as my wife and children. I have also began taking my children backpacking in New Mexico and have great experiences out in the wilderness with them.

I want to thank everyone who has made Sacagawea's journey possible for us who have had time with her and the individuals who will have that same opportunity soon and in the future.

"The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness." - John Muir

Comment

Great write-up Lorenzo.

Comment

Very nice bio Lorenzo. That's going to be hard to fallow.

Comment

Hoggslayer, Saca. is on her way to you! I will pm you the tracking number.

Comment

Originally posted by Loreva13 View Post
            Hoggslayer, Saca. is on her way to you! I will pm you the tracking number.

Thanks. I'm sitting on the porch waiting for it.

Comment

She's in my hands now. I must say, she is a beauty. Fast and silent.

Comment

Great write up Lorenzo! These kind of writeups gleam when people with a real passion are authoring the works!

Can't wait to hear from you too, Hoggslayer!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  Great write up Lorenzo! These kind of writeups gleam when people with a real passion are authoring the works!

Can't wait to hear from you too, Hoggslayer!

Bisch
                  Well said, I agree!

Comment

Thank you guys!

Comment

Awesome writeup Lorenzo and great 3D shoot pics!!!

Comment

Well everyone, I am going to have to pass on my turn with Sacagawea. I just accepted a promotion and will be moving north to Pennsylvania around the time I am supposed to receive her.

I am not sure what my ability to practice will be up there currently because I have no clue where I will be living. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up as soon as I could.

I am sorry if this is going to mess with anyone's plans for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                          She's in my hands now. I must say, she is a beauty. Fast and silent.
                          Any uodates, Hoggslayer?

Also, good luck to you up in the Great White North, TRH!

Bisch

Comment

I have been working overtime for the last 3 weeks and I've only had the opportunity to shoot her twice. I haven't worked overtime in 15 years and all of the sudden I'm swamped. Then I'm trying to get my old house ready to rent in my spare time. I was hoping to get to at least go to a 3D shoot with her but I don't think I'll have the energy to pull her back.

Comment

Good luck on your move TRH! I hope you somehow have an opportunity to enjoy Sacagawea in your hands.

Comment

Thanks guys. Hoping it will be good, and that I can find some big PA deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X