Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am adding this post from the other thread, I thought it needed to stay with the history.

Phillip,

The whole thing is kind of my thing, so I get to make the rules.

First off, I don't think anything you did caused the issue. When you are going to be shipping a bow ten to twelve times a year, things are going to happen. We all knew this when this started, and I am really shocked it has gone this long. Actually this is the second time we needed a repair if memory serves.

Second, like the guys above said, I am so glad you are not hurt in anyway, that is all that really matters. A bow can be replaced, a member of our family can not.

Third, NO WAY am I going to let you by the next set of limbs. If Bob can get it back in shape to shoot, I will pay for it (as I am the legal owner of the bow, even though she belongs to all of us). If anyone wants to contribute a few bucks, well, we can talk about that later after Bob gets a look at it, and we see what we are up against.

Like stated above, it all adds to the story. I too am sorry about the delay in her traveling, but in the big picture, that is not a big deal. Let's just hope that Bob and Zach, with their great skills can get it to shoot again. We will go from there.

If that can be worked out, and you still want your turn (I hope you do) we will get her back to you when fixed.

Please do not feel bad, as you were just the unlucky one to have it happen to. Just glad you are not on the list of animals killed by the bow.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      Well, that sucks rotten eggs!

Here is my 2 cents worth.

The way this bow was born was for twenty of us to pitch in a few $$$ to get it paid for, and then the bow was shipped to each person.

Now there is a second list. Maybe everyone on the new list could pitch in a few $$$ (I bet this could easily be done for less than $20/ person) to have a new set of limbs built and the bow can keep on travelling!

Bisch
      I agree with this^^^
      Where can I send funds to help with repairs?

Comment

I will gladly send $$ to help as well.

Comment

I am happy to contribute, please let me know what it's nedded

Comment

We are waiting on Bob, to give us an update. I will get back to you then. Thanks for your generous offers.

Comment

Keep us posted

Comment

I'm in for my part just let me know.

Comment

Got Saca in the post today. Will start on a new set of limbs for her in the morning. Will ship back to Phillip as soon as done. Hopefully by the end of the week. No worries, all is not lost . Her trip will continue.

Comment

Sounds good Bob. The wife and I are leaving Thursday morning heading for South Texas near Benavides. We are going to hunt Feb 17 - 21 and should be back in Virginia by Monday Feb 24.

Comment

That is great news!

Comment

That is great news Bob, we all appreciate it. Let me know about the cost of the repairs.

Comment

Glad she will continue in her way. Phillip, what route are you going to take down south? You might pass by Bob's shop on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
                            Glad she will continue in her way. Phillip, what route are you going to take down south? You might pass by Bob's shop on the way.
                            We'll pick up I-10 in Alabama and then 59 south out of Houston. Unfortunately we won't be anywhere near Bob's shop. I do want to go by Bob's shop on one of my trips to Texas, I probably shouldn't since I already have too many trad bows. I know, I know, there's no such thing as too many trad bows.

Comment

Great news!

Chunky, please let us know if you need help with the cost.

Comment

Chunky, please let me know where I can send my part of the repair cost.

Comment

Working...
                                X