When we miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When we miss

When we miss, whether a 3D target or on an animal we are trying to kill, there is a definite reaction in our phycy and it usually adjusts over time.
    for me it's always a what the heck thing. Yes at first I'm disgusted with myself but I immediately start a analyzing my shot. In the end though, on a live animal, im always relieved. Because better a miss than a wounded animal.
    Even if I did destroy a broadhead and arrow on the top rail of the pen panel.

I've been there

Comment

I'm shooting indoor this year. Not because I like it, but because, in the long run, it will help my overall shooting. Both hunting and 3D. Form, process, and mental discipline. The former isn't bad, the middle one is getting there, and the latter... well, it needs some exercise. I shot in a tournament over the weekend, and about 18 arrows into a 60 arrow round my mind started drifting. Shot a high 5 on a Vegas face, and yep, the disgust hit me before the arrow hit the target. I knew exactly what I'd done, but in a timed round you don't have time to dwell. Regroup, reset, and get on with it. Trust me, I'd rather be in a stand, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        Even if I did destroy a broadhead and arrow on the top rail of the pen panel.
        Sounds like there is something you haven’t told us yet!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Lol. That list is long and embarrassing!!!!!!!
          Last edited by DRT; 10-17-2023, 12:07 PM.

Comment

It Happens! lol

Comment

Currently, punching holes in foam. Don't have a place to hunt that matches my days off.

Comment

Working...
              X