Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realistic to hunt in a Krivoman with 62 inch Longbow ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realistic to hunt in a Krivoman with 62 inch Longbow ?

I'm considering getting a longbow and let's just use approx 62" bow height for reference. Is it realistic to hunt from a Krivoman blind with a bow of that height? Anyone on here do exactly that? I will take measurements and try to simulate, but really looking to see if any of yall does so successfully ?

80% of my setups are krivomans that I compound bow hunt from currently and being able to hunt from them with the longbow will definitely effect my decision on getting into the traditional game right now.

The smallest (if I am reading it right) Krivoman blind is 6'4" X 6'4".

If you have the tall windows in the blind, you should have no problem with a 62" longbow or recurve.

You may need to center yourself in the blind (just to have more confidence in clearance).

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
      The smallest (if I am reading it right) Krivoman blind is 6'4" X 6'4".

If you have the tall windows in the blind, you should have no problem with a 62" longbow or recurve.

You may need to center yourself in the blind (just to have more confidence in clearance).

Rick

Perfect! Thank you RickBarbee. I didn’t really need much of a nudge to press the Go button on jumping into this.

Comment

I have 4 Krivoman blinds and I’ve hunted with my 64” longbows a lot out of them. Mine are the old style and I cut window holes where I wanted them, so my windows are much lower than a stock blind. On the new style, the windows boxes are molded into the blind, so you can’t change the height of the window. I have successfully lowered the windows in old style blinds though at the ranch where I work.

Also, the more you elevate the blind, the harder it will be to hunt with a trad bow from that blind if it has stock windows.

If you want more detailed info, PM me your number and we can talk.

Bisch
        Last edited by Bisch; 10-14-2023, 07:50 AM.

Comment

My K blinds are on 6 ft. platforms. I've shotvatv2 animals with a 62" bow out of them. Both times the limb tip hitvthe roof. I no longer have theb62" bow.
          Was it my fault? Most likely. But I don't want to consider positioning or cant while hunting. Just focus on the shot. So I'll stay at 60" and under.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            I have 4 Krivoman blinds and I’ve hunted with my 64” longbows a lot out of them. Mine are the old style and I cut window holes where I wanted them, so my windows are much lower than a stock blind. On the new style, the windows boxes are molded into the blind, so you can’t change the height of the window. I have successfully lowered the windows in old style blinds though at the ranch where I work.

Also, the more you elevate the blind, the harder it will be to hunt with a trad bow from that blind if it has stock windows.

If you want more detailed info, PM me your number and we can talk.

Bisch

Thank you Bisch! All 5 of ours are the old style too. I’ve already modified several windows for my kids to shoot compound out of. Should work well. 3 are on top of 6’ platforms, 1 is 18 inches off ground, and one is on a 10’ platform. I’m standing inside of my blind now and I have at least 6’3” height clearance dead center.

I appreciate the info. I might reach out in the near future. You’ve been very helpful.

Comment

Thank you DRT!

Other than blind shooting clearance what are the pros and cons or various length longbows 58-60-62 etc?

I really want to get this right the first time and have a bow that I actually want to and actually can comfortably hunt with in my setups. A bad experience like clanking a blind because things were just too tight for that purpose would likely end up with me having the bow as an expensive souvenir.

if I move forward with purchase I’ll definitely practice from my blinds pre-season.

Thank you to everyone for all your insight.

The question regarding pros & cons of bow lengths is for anyone that’s experienced and willing to share.

Comment

We have 2 of the 10’ platforms. I had to flip the windows over and then cut out the hole and lower the window 6” to make them really good for close shots.

With compounds, most guys set their blinds 20-25yds from the feeders. For trad, we like them 13-15yds. Without modification you will hit the blind on close shots. Ask me how I know!!!!!

On another note, can anyone tell me how to put an emoji where I want it to be instead of wherever this dang newfangled site wants to put them???????

Bisch

Comment

Thank you DRT!

Other than blind shooting clearance what are the pros and cons or various length longbows 58-60-62 etc?

I really want to get this right the first time and have a bow that I actually want to and actually can comfortably hunt with in my setups. A bad experience like clanking a blind because things were just too tight for that purpose would likely end up with me having the bow as an expensive souvenir.

if I move forward with purchase I’ll definitely practice from my blinds pre-season.

The question regarding pros & cons of bow lengths is for anyone that’s experienced and willing to share.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    We have 2 of the 10’ platforms. I had to flip the windows over and then cut out the hole and lower the window 6” to make them really good for close shots.

With compounds, most guys set their blinds 20-25yds from the feeders. For trad, we like them 13-15yds. Without modification you will hit the blind on close shots. Ask me how I know!!!!!

On another note, can anyone tell me how to put an emoji where I want it to be instead of wherever this dang newfangled site wants to put them???????

Bisch

Great insight Bisch! Most of my setups I can hand corn and pull them in to that distance. I did just that for most of my kids first couple archery deer.

My son shot the bottom of the window opening early on in his attempts is why changed out several windows to larger ones. Ironic that it may be exactly what I need to be able to trad hunt them.

I can’t thank yall enough

Comment

I’ll add this too: if you cant the bow when you shoot it works way better with less roof interference than if you shoot straight up and down.

Biw length is more of a personal preference thing (unless you have a really long DL like 31-32”). I hate short bows. They just don’t feel as good to me and I don’t tend to shoot them as well as I do a longer bow.

Bisch
                      Last edited by Bisch; 10-14-2023, 10:00 PM.

Comment

K-blinds are anything but cheap. Shame you have to do all that window modifying to shoot a trad bow out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                          K-blinds are anything but cheap. Shame you have to do all that window modifying to shoot a trad bow out of it.
                          It’s not a shame. It is just what it is!!!! Krivoman blinds were designed by a compound shooter for compound hunters. A LOT of the things we use are that way, and either won’t work with trad bows or need to be modified to work with trad bows. Window height that is no problem for compound guys hunting at a little farther distance is a problem for trad guys hunting at much closer distances. Heck, just about every popup blind made has windows too high and ceilings too low for a lot of trad bows. Krivoman blinds are great blinds!!! We just do things a bit different than the others do.

Bisch
                          Last edited by Bisch; 10-15-2023, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambow View Post
                            Thank you DRT!

I love my K blinds. For the money you can beat them. That said I've hunted some redneck and muddy blinds and like them too.

Comment

Working...
                            X