Trad Hunting Rigs 23-24 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad Hunting Rigs 23-24 Season

You heard me! What recurve/longbow/selfbow/atlatl will you be hunting with this year? Pictures, and details, as always!

I know, I know... it's always hunting season in Texas. But deer season just feels special still.

I'll be rocking the same setup as last year, namely my TallTines Stickflinger, made on behalf of Kristie Madden. It's 66" long and 50@32". I'm shooting Easton Carbon Legacy's with Iron Will Wide heads, for a total arrow weight of 545 grains. I still don't have a name for this bow, but it's special. It's honestly the first bow on my 'never sell this' list.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2016.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	26582913

Name:	IMG_2612.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	26582915
    Attached Files

Well for me it's a game time decision every week. Sometimes every day. But I can promise you one thing.
    it will be a Primal Tech.
    Apparently they changed up how to post pics again so I'll have to fing a tutorial.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Apparently they changed up how to post pics again so I'll have to fing a tutorial.
      I use imgur so posting pics hasn't changed for me.

Comment

I gave photbucket a run and they screwed us so I'll bypass that style.

Comment

Figured it out. This one will probably start the season. As it's the newest addition.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Figured it out. This one will probably start the season. As it's the newest addition.
            You kinda figured it out! You posted a thumbnail of the pic. You missed a step to put the full pic in your post.

Bisch

Comment

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	26583373

One of two

Comment

Two of two, and primary.

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	441.3 KB
ID:	26583375

Comment

Toelke Whip-Surewood Fouglas Fir arrows-125 grain Snuffers-595 grains. Will also use Beman Centershots-Magnus 4 blade Stingers 505 grains

Name:	IMG_0782.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	685.7 KB
ID:	26583524

Comment

60” Sarrels Ridgecat 54# at 28” and Dryad Epic Longbow 55# at 28” are my main two hunting rigs. I draw 29” so both are a little higher in weight. Shooting axis 340s with a mix of crimson talon cleavers and VPA two blades in the Sarrels about 630 grains and Gold Tip hunters with 250 grain VPA three blades on the Dryad.

Comment

If I haul one to the woods this season, it will be my Primal Tech takedown with either the longbow or recurve limbs.

Bisch

Comment

Name:	B2411BF4-E829-4954-9535-69509439391C.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	678.4 KB
ID:	26585944Hoyt Satori with Nika Carbon limbs. I actually like the Nika limbs more than the comparable Uukhas that I have.

Comment

Indian Archery Mohawk, 46# @ 30.5", Rose City Cedars with Zwickey 2B Eskimos

Comment

Predator Longbows, Muenster, TX. We've known Robert for many years, great guy and love our bows.
                            Mine is a Puma, 3 layers of carbon on limbs, 50#. Raptor Archery footed arrows, bois d'arc footed and 4 fletch for me.
                            Spouse shoots 55# and doug fir arrows. No carbon in his bow.
                            Zwickey Eskimos broadheads, 125 gr for both of us.

Name:	DSCN2185 copy.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	432.0 KB
ID:	26589933

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              If I haul one to the woods this season, it will be my Primal Tech takedown with either the longbow or recurve limbs.

Bisch
                              This is the saddest post I've read in awhile. Hope you get your shiznit back together Amigo.

Comment

Working...
                              X