No announcement yet.

South Africa here we come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the best threads of the year! I will definitely remember this outfitter for when we plan our next trip. How did you all transport your trad bows? I have a travel case that's a 59" tube. Will they let me check it? Should I just buy a takedown?

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
      One of the best threads of the year! I will definitely remember this outfitter for when we plan our next trip. How did you all transport your trad bows? I have a travel case that's a 59" tube. Will they let me check it? Should I just buy a takedown?
      We broke them down and carried then in our luggage. One piece bows travel well in tubes but you may be charged for an over sized bag depending on the airline

Comment

Any recommendations for a take down longbow? I was looking at Bob lee but kind of curious about the carbon limbs.

Comment

Any recommendations for a take down longbow? I was looking at Bob lee but kind of curious about the carbon limbs.
          Well I think most know I'm partial to Primal Tech.
          other than Randy, which I took 0ne of his 3vpiece and two of his two piece bows, Bob Sarrels as well as Bob Lee bows are hard to beat.
          I have a nice Tall Tines I just got a new set of 45lb limbs for that I wouldn't hesitate to hunt there with.
          That said, Impala are as high strung at a waterhole as aa Hill country doe at a feeder in December so quiet helps. Neither of the two I shot this time even twitched before the arrow struck. None of my animals did. As a matter af fact I shot under a trophy Steinbok just before I shot the Gemsbok. I was told to aim a couple inches under the chest as they drop fast and they are very small. Guess where the arrow went? Two inches under the chest.
          quiet and accurate trumps all else.

Comment

What an awesome trip!

Comment

It is a great trip.
              I already have the same week booked for 2025. Time to think about your deposits if interested.

Comment

You are welcome to try my Diamondback, if you come this way any time soon. It's my favorite bow to shoot right now.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post

You are welcome to try my Diamondback, if you come this way any time soon. It's my favorite bow to shoot right now.
                  I’ve heard you say that quote several times Julie. It’s the same line I use with my wife when buying bows myself! Great job at Worlds btw!

Comment

Definitely planning to go back. And most likely with the same outfitter. Louis has very reasonable $ and attractive packages and set-ups designed to have the traditional shooter succeed. Also, reasonable prices for adding on animals. We were all working class guys, we killed 14 animals! (12 as trad shooters). Pretty cool.

Comment

Hey folks I wanted to add the video the outfitter made. Some animals didn't make it because of the failure of the video taker or quality issues of the video itself. However it's still a good watch. Makes me wanna go back sooner than July 2025.

Comment

Working...
                      X