Traditional FSC week 25 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC week 25 2023

Well I've been kind of watching some DoD stuff and one thing I'm seeing is a lot of grief from former sailers over the lack of funding and upgrading of our naval fleet. Now we all know you can't believe the media but it got me thinking about the game Battleship. We loved it as kids. But, no bombs or torpedoes in this one. Just cruise missiles in the form of your arrow. Takes three good shots to sink this destroyer. It is the full length of an 8.5x11 sheet of paper, 4 inches wide and the circles are 2 inches. Takes three shots, cutting lines of all three circles on separate shots of course, to sink the ship. Shots cutting the lines of the circles count. Once you hit a circle that circle is out of play. The one who sinks it first wins. If no one score three hits in circles, most hits wins. If we all stink it up so bad we can't hit circles I'll judge by hits on the ship body itself.
    Shots at 14 yards, any stance. 5 yards for little bears. One shot per day for the rest on the week. And I think it goes without saying, first shot of the day only.
    Hoping the scan shows up but you can draw your own as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan1.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	26512396

Not sure why the scan shows it short of the end of the paper but my drawing is full length.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's a printable image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tbh-week25-2023-target.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	26512470
      Last edited by RickBarbee; 06-18-2023, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Off the port side. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230618_204515_Photos.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	26512656

Comment

Strike two.
          Attached Files

Comment

Day 1: miss

Comment

Better than my day one and today was maybe my last day.

Comment

Took one quick shot before leaving the house. Form felt good, release and follow through were solid.
                but apparently my hold was about an inch and a half tonight as I was going for the amid ships circle instead of the aft like the first two tries. Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230620_091740_Photos.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.6 KB ID:	26513685
                Last edited by DRT; 06-20-2023, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  Took one quick shot before leaving the house. Form felt good, release and follow through were solid.
                  but apparently my hold was about an inch and a half tonight as I was going for the amid ships circle instead of the aft like the first two tries. Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20230620_091740_Photos.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.6 KB ID:	26513685
                  One down regardless.

Rick

Comment

took a cold shot and completely missed the paper. new arrow set up and new tab but no excuses, we will see how tomorrow goes.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post

One down regardless.

Rick
                      Last one. No archery for a few days for me. Spent my 37th anniversary getting a broken nose.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Last one. No archery for a few days for me. Spent my 37th anniversary getting a broken nose.
                        So, what you are saying is, you forgot your wedding anniversary? Congrats to you and your wife on your 37th!

Comment

Originally posted by drt View Post

last one. No archery for a few days for me. Spent my 37th anniversary getting a broken nose.
                          ouch !

Happy Anniversary !!!

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post

ouch !

Happy Anniversary !!!
                            Thank you bud. She's was one of my best choices. Now the three guys that broke my nose I should have walked away from and I wouldn't be in this situation decade's later.

Comment

Thank you bud. She's was one of my best choices. Now the three guys that broke my nose I should have walked away from and I wouldn't be in this situation decade's later.
                              I kinda had it figured, that you had nasal surgery. That right?

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X