• Show
Clear All

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent....

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

I copied one of David's posts from a couple of years back, he's sure going to be missed. Prayers sent.

--------

"Well I don't think it's that folks get excited over any particular thing, any topic per se, rather I think some folks come to the internet already overwhelmed by life, in some cases to the point of being hysterical, and lash out indescriminantly in their manic frustration. Take for example this passage:
          "Pearson never sold 783,000 bows in a year. Your numbers and your mind are whacked. :^)"

Well, it turns out GLF didn't even make that statement, but HIS mind "whacked." What he actually said was true, almost a direct quote, just without citation to its source.

Or here, where is GLF is high on weed, because stickbowhntr doesn't know the history of Ben Pearson archery either.

"I DIND'T KNOW Ohio Allowed for medical marijuana cards."

The arrogance of some people seems to have no limit.

Sources for GLFs comments:

Free Online Library: Ben Pearson's name lives on in 2 companies. by "Arkansas Business"; Business, regional Archery equipment Bow and arrow Sporting goods industry Management

My dad sold ball bearings to them in the 60s. My brothers got free bows from Ben personally for Christmas one year. My uncle built at least one of the machines in the plant, had an unfinished Colt prototype off that machine (router to cut handle profiles), part of which (it blew up) is in the corner of my shop right now. All this before my time but testimony to just how big the company was in it's heyday.

I realize it's frustrating when people spout off about topics they know nothing about, especially when they make it personal as in these two cases, but you just have to take all in stride. I think it makes surfing these sites more fun, to see a guy make a fool of himself occasionally. After over a decade, just bow and arra posts turn a little boring."

Comment

wow, done.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers Sent.

Comment

Done. Onthe leather Wall

Comment

Very touching. Prayers sent.