Sold my Mathews Drenalin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold my Mathews Drenalin

And now I'm going traditional. A while back I asked about bow making, but decided I will buy my first long bow or recurve. After that I will build one.
    I obviously don't have time to be good enough to take a deer opening day, but I work on a hunting ranch so maybe by the end of season I will be comfortable enough to shoot whitetail. If not there's always next year. In the mean time I will have fun and bug ya'll with questions.

That sounds like a great adventure. I took it up and practiced hard and shot a hog. Just never felt comfy enough to go after deer. Ended up selling the bow but have regretted it. It does bring back the interest in shooting and archery. Lots of things to play with and experiment with. Good luck. You have your eye on a bow yet?

Comment

Ask all the questions you want.

Comment

Welcome to the fun side!!!

Bisch

Comment

I'm looking forward to it Bobby, hoping it will push me to practice more. I'm looking at the Sammick Sage bow that seems to be highly recommended even at the cheaper price. Just like knives though I will build my own eventually and collect other customs.
          Thanks Deb and Bisch

Comment

You definately got a good plan going!!!

Comment

Sold my drenalin this year too. All trad after a few years of tinkering

Comment

Howdy and welcome..

Comment

I shoot both and I would love to just sell my wheels but I just don't have the time and space to train enough with my recurve and longbow like I need to. So for now I'll keep the wheels. Best of luck to ya

Comment

You have a "Great" bow maker in Pampa

Comment

Originally posted by Restless View Post
                      You have a "Great" bow maker in Pampa
                      Yes sir, he's just out of my budget at the moment. I've been to his shop a few years ago to check out the bows.

BOWMAN1836, the second reason for selling the drenalin, is that I knew with it around I wouldn't take the time to practice the trad bow like I should. First reason being I needed to sell it to fund the trad bow lol

Comment

Welcome!! What you are going to discover is that trad gear is simply more fun. Most of us do not take target shooting as seriously as most wheel guys, so we sorta stay on each others case, even during a tournament.
                        When it comes to hunting, you just have to restrict your shots to the distance that you KNOW you can make a clean kill. For me, 20 max, 15 is great, and 10 is even better.
                        One word of caution: do NOT overbow yourself to start out with. 40-45# draw weight will kill a deer and will be much easier to learn proper form and technique.

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Meuir View Post
                          Welcome!! What you are going to discover is that trad gear is simply more fun. Most of us do not take target shooting as seriously as most wheel guys, so we sorta stay on each others case, even during a tournament.
                          When it comes to hunting, you just have to restrict your shots to the distance that you KNOW you can make a clean kill. For me, 20 max, 15 is great, and 10 is even better.
                          One word of caution: do NOT overbow yourself to start out with. 40-45# draw weight will kill a deer and will be much easier to learn proper form and technique.

Wayne
                          I killed lots of deer with my compound, never once wounding or losing the animal. But I could not shoot for three months walk out shoot 10 arrows in the bullseye in different positions without missing a beat. I was having a conversation with my wife earlier that I wasn't going to push the learning curve and take a chance on wounding a deer. I'm going to have to practice every day. I shot and killed deer at 7 to 41 yards with the 7 yard shot being alot more intense .
                          Thanks for the caution, I've been doing some reading and thought I would order a 50 lb bow and a set of 40 lb limbs at the same time. I've been shooting a 64 lb compound, knowing there's a big difference in pull I dropped down quiet a bit.
                          I've also read that the sage limbs come in a little higher in poundage than advertised. Really looking forward to it, even if I don't feel comfortable and don't get to hunt with it this season.

Comment

You gona love it! I am not very good yet but I have had more fun with the stick than with the compound,

Comment

Welcom

Comment

Working...
                              X