No announcement yet.

Gap vs Instinctive test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year I posted up pictures of shooting at a laser red dot at 10:30 pm dark, I couldn't see my arrows and from differant yardages hit the red spot. Need photo's I can repost them.

Comment

Yes, the guy in Masters of the Barebow I said he could do it. He also says he doesn't shoot as well at long distances, but likes the trade off with his style. Just got done watching it. Shoots a big moose in the video as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
        Yes, the guy in Masters of the Barebow I said he could do it. He also says he doesn't shoot as well at long distances, but likes the trade off with his style. Just got done watching it. Shoots a big moose in the video as well.
        Check out the next volume when you get a chance. They reference that, and he gets proved wrong. He admits he couldn't do it.
        Last edited by TxAg; 09-07-2011, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Closest I came to something like this is the pig I shot New Years day. There was a red light on the feeder but I was in total darkness in the tripod. I had what you might call a silhouette of the bow and arrow, but they were more like shadows. The shot was pretty good, but there could have just been a lot of luck involved.

Comment

Like I said in the other thread, many people combine the two methods either consciously or unconsciously and use the arrow as a gage.. I believe it's a brain thingy... some people are wired to ignore the arrow and others are not..

This is just my opinion and I have no scientific data to support my conclusions but I think that as long as it isn't a conscious response then it is instinctive.. Once you consciously alter the aim based on spatial stimulus then it becomes gaping regardless of whether you use gaps based on experience or a written yardage chart..

Comment

Working...
            X