This Year's Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Year's Pick

The last 10 years or so I have been picking the deer I want to shoot way before the season starts. I do a lot of preseason scouting and game cam set ups to find the largest deer where I'm hunting. I then only hunt that deer or a bigger one if one happens to show. I've gone 5 years in a row now getting either the pick or a bigger one. Last year I got him on only the second sit. The year before I got him on the second to last day of gun season. Last year I had pictures of 13 different 10 pointers and three 11's. This year, to this point, I have not seen a buck over 8 points. I guess it's been this bad summer. This is the buck I have picked. The rancher has been helping keep an eye on him. Right now he comes into a big field every evening with a bachelor group and feeds until just before dark and leaves. If I could hunt him right now, I feel like I could have him down in one sit but you know things will change dramatically in the next couple weeks.
    Attached Files

This is what he looked like two years ago. Big improvement.
    Attached Files

Comment

He has attitude... Good luck!!!

Comment

The deer on the left is another one I would consider if Andy gets 'Ol Lop, as the rancher is calling him, before I do.
        Attached Files

Comment

unique

Comment

That's an odd lookin' rack for sure, any idea what caused it? Those deer definitely look better than some I saw pics of east of 35, they were skin and bones.

Comment

The first year we noticed it Dave, it was just flopping. It looked like he broke it in the pedicle but he kept it until he shed.

Here at the house we have deer that are really poor and others that look pretty good. Our oldest doe has twins this year and she actually looks good. Here is a picture from last month. She is here every day and eats a lot of corn.
              Attached Files

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Good luck, Bob!

Bisch

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Thats a neat Rack... I thought it was messed up but after seeing the pic from 2 years ago its just weird genetics!

He would make a kewl mount.

Comment

like!

Comment

cool buck.. hope you get him..

Comment

WOW! what a cool looking place to hunt. i saw my fisrt legal deer this year on my place. it was a young 6 point. looks like doe's again for me this year.

Comment

I like him!

Comment

Working...
                              X