Calis on shooting hand effecting my shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calis on shooting hand effecting my shooting

I have got a good calis on my ring finger were the string hits. After a few shots it hurts and is starting to bleed. Any advise, is this a sign there is a fault ion my release. Guess it means I'm getting lots of practice....on the good side

Are you shooting with a high elbow? If so lower it and that should help. Otherwise just know that the tension on the string should be placed as follows. Top finger 20%, middle finger 70%, ring finger 10%. Relax your grip and allow the shot to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
      Are you shooting with a high elbow? If so lower it and that should help. Otherwise just know that the tension on the string should be placed as follows. Top finger 20%, middle finger 70%, ring finger 10%. Relax your grip and allow the shot to happen.
      Thx I knew something was wrong. I had to shoot two fingered last night. Soon it gets daylight I'm going out to try work on it

Comment

i put electrical tape on my fingers, then put my glove on.

Comment

3 under or split? I shoot 3 under and i keep a calis on my ring finger. Mine is from dragging bottom finger. Also as i torque the string i get the calis

Comment

Split finger, never got 3 under. Tapes a good idea. Thought I would have to rest it for a while Bette shooting again. Shooting after work is my stress releaf, even when it's 108..

Comment

I read in TradBow about A two-fingered shooting style...Mediterranian or mongolian or something. He said he injured a finger and read up on shooting two fingers. Once he started shooting two fingers, he loved it and only shifts back to a traditional 3-finger when it is required by compitition.

Blake Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by bsimm78 View Post
                I read in TradBow about A two-fingered shooting style...Mediterranian or mongolian or something. He said he injured a finger and read up on shooting two fingers. Once he started shooting two fingers, he loved it and only shifts back to a traditional 3-finger when it is required by compitition.

Blake Simmons
                I was messing around with that a seemed pretty nice. I was going to try more tomorrow. Just need to move down to my 45# bow

Comment

Working...
                X