Fsc 9-10-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fsc 9-10-11

Thank you Deb for letting me choose this week's shot without having to suffer through a shoot-off with you . I don't like too much pressure!

The shot for this week is to sharpen a pencil from 17 yards. I would prefer anyone who can to use a broadhead for this shot. I used a field point because I don't have any arrows made with broadheads yet.
    I was thinking about dangling it from a string but it is just too windy! The picture below shows how I set mine up. It doesn't have to be exactly as mine is, close is good enough.
    I failed to sharpen my pencil...let's see what y'all can do!
    Attached Files

Cool one EnW!!

Comment

I like it..... and will use one of my Zwickey's for it.

Comment

I can't edit my post now and I forgot about the kiddos who like to shoot! The kids can shoot this one from 7 yards...and it's up to the parents whether or not they get to use broadheads! LOL . I apologize for not putting this in the original post.

Comment

Are we supposed to shoot the tip off of the pencil, closest to the tip wins?

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
            Are we supposed to shoot the tip off of the pencil, closest to the tip wins?
            I say just cut the pencil anywhere along it's length. I had given it some thought before I posted but everyones pencils may not be the same length. I hope that we will be able to determine which shot is the best based on the damage to the pencil

Comment

I'll have to do some thinking on this one.

Comment

I have to disqualify myself from this one, but I'm pretty happy with my shot. I'm disqualified because my daughter, Abby, wanted to go out this morning and shoot her new Sarrels Newt. In doing so, I shot a few arrows myself out of her new bow. Awesome little shooter, but more on that later. I took my shot just a few minutes ago, but realized after the fact that I had previously "practiced." I'm really happy to know my Magnus Snuffers fly so well out of my bow, just like my field points.

Comment

Quote - "but everyone's pencils may not be the same length."

Pencil length is one thing, having someone to write to is a nother' matter all together! I have no broadheads for my trad arrows but I will give it try with a field tip.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    Quote - but everyone's pencils may not be the same length.

Pencil length is one thing, having someone to write to is a nother' matter all together! I have no broadheads for my trad arrows but I will give it try with a field tip.
                    What a clever rascal you are, Jerp. Ron that was a great shot. Think I'm going to try and see how close I can get to the tip of the pencil. Maybe take 1/2 " or so off it. I haven't shot a broad head but maybe a dozen times.

Comment

Nice shooting!

Comment

This was fun to do, you all have a chance to do this, don't let nothin hold you back.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrFPpK8MjGU"]FSC for week ending Sept 10, 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

nice

Comment

Ron had a great shot as well, iffin it was over maybe an 1/8 of an inch he would have cut the pencil in two. Good shooting Ron!

Comment

Cottonwood I didn't expect anything less from you, and I should have figured there would be someone else who thought it'd be cool to video this weeks shot too! Well here's mine...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUEqu7P8jn0"]First Shot Challenge 9/10/11 - YouTube[/ame]

A little less rotation and it would have been right on the edge:

Second shot was a mite closer but still not a complete break:

I'm really glad I decided to video this one, looks like I've still got some tweaking to do when it comes to my form. I was pleased to see that my elbow is getting back behind the arrow, but that down and right movement of my bow arm after the shot needs to go. It happens after the arrow leaves the bow but it still don't look pretty and I'm sure it's hurting my accuracy and/or consistency.

Also got a couple of frames of the arrow in flight and it was cool to see the paradox, but enough rambling from me. Great call this week EnW, if you couldn't already tell I really enjoyed this one
                              Last edited by agtex42; 09-05-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X