Quietest recurve??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quietest recurve??

Who makes it. I've got a couple of Bears and a Jack Kemp little grizzly. The little grizzly is silent but my recurves are a little twangy.

LOL...my Hatfield used to be until I put a new string on it a couple of weeks ago. Now its almost as loud as a compound. I'm still working on it.

I'm afraid there's more involved with the decibel level than the bow itself.
    Last edited by fletcherfor2; 09-04-2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Dusty, one time my recurve got really noisy after I had a new string put on. It was making a scary cracking-like noise. I was worried about the limbs and rushed it over to Bob's for him to check it out. It was just the wax in the new string.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
        Dusty, one time my recurve got really noisy after I had a new string put on. It was making a scary cracking-like noise. I was worried about the limbs and rushed it over to Bob's for him to check it out. It was just the wax in the new string.
        LOL Deb...I must have some REALLY loud wax.

Comment

Dan Toelke

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            Who makes it. I've got a couple of Bears and a Jack Kemp little grizzly. The little grizzly is silent but my recurves are a little twangy.
            That's the reason I prefer longbows. That twangy sound and the fact that you need to use a stringer with a recurve.

Bisch

Comment

Change the brace height until the bow and you like it. A recurve will always be louder than a longbow, it's due to the fact that the string slaps the limbs. Take your string off and dip both ends into lacquer thinner about 6" or so. This will take the wax out of the string and soften the fibers. It won't hurt the string and will make a huge difference in the sound. Good luck....

Clay

Comment

Has anyone ever tried these? I'm going to order some to see how they work out.

Comment

Originally posted by fletcherfor2 View Post

http://www.3riversarchery.com/product.asp?i=3559
                  Lots of people use those or moleskin.

Bisch

Comment

http://www.3riversarchery.com/product.asp?i=3559
                    Works very well !

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      Lots of people use those or moleskin.

Bisch
                      LOL...maybe I should pay more attention to othet people's equipment. I've never seen them before.

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                      Works very well !
                      Thanks

Comment

Dr. Scholls moleskin always worked for me back when I shot a recurve..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                          Dr. Scholls moleskin always worked for me back when I shot a recurve..
                          It worked for me too back when I backpacked Philmont with my son.

Comment

LOL...maybe I should pay more attention to othet people's equipment. I've never seen them before.

Thanks
                            Uhhh yeah ok Dusty....

Comment

Thanks for all the responses.

Comment

Working...
                              X