Equipment Guidelines For Trad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zaggzig View Post
    TBoT = Traditional Bowhunters of Texas! This is traditional archery, I think of it as shooting the way it was done for centuries. a bow a string and an arrow and the ability of the archer to make it work. That is why I got into this last March by picking up a bow of any kind for the first time. I am very happy I was talked into trad archery because I truly enjoy it and love all the people I have met in TBoT. ASA, IBO etc. have classes that allow multiple various set ups yet only a few trad archers participate in ASA shoots, not sure about IBO. Do we want to change from a bow a string, a arrow, an the ability of the archer? Last year my scores were at the bottom, this year somewhere in the middle, next year hope they are close to the top. But that will be because I took the time to practice learn my bow/arrow combination and how to properly set-up. Not because I used something that gave me an advantage. I want to compete because I the archer am better.
    Just my opinion.
    I do not care if you use an elevated rest or marks on the bow but do those things make you a better archer than someone else or just better at using technology to your advantage.
    My thoughts exactly! I would bet, if you made an unlimited class for all the exotics, your still going to have some of them crying foul if they see someone show up with more bells and whistles than what they thought up. It will be a never ending process. Looks to me to be a lot like the crossgun thing, they want to be able to drive a dragster at the derby car race. I liked the way the Pesident of TBOT put it in the speech at Vanderpool, if you weren't there you missed a good explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
      I liked the way the Pesident of TBOT put it in the speech at Vanderpool, if you weren't there you missed a good explanation.
      Not all of us could be there, and I'm sure I'm not the only member who would like to know the content of that speech.

Maybe someone could post it here for the rest of us to see.

Rick

Comment

If I call him and he types his speech up here can we put this to rest?

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
          If I call him and he types his speech up here can we put this to rest?
          I'd love to read the speech. Was it Friday evening? Anyway I missed it. Guess I was busy at the campsite, cooking, eating and BS'ing with folks. Deb, what is it we are wanting to put to rest (no pun intended)? ...Van

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
            LOL, no worries there. I fully intend to do just that.

Just remember - the better I am feeling, the more likely I am to voice my opinion about something, whether it is popular, or not.

Rick
            Rick, hope you feel better soon. Looking forward to some more of your opinions.

Only way I like duck is in a gumbo. That would be wild duck of course...Van

Comment

What happened 2 years ago to bring about this decision, and the vote to shoot off the shelf? Why did it take a simple question about it 2 years later to get the rule updated?
              I began shooting Trad. in 2009, the same year of the vote. I only shot 1 TBOT (Denton)shoot and some ASA , along with our club shoots. It seems like I keep getting the blame for this mess in some form or fashion but I was shooting off the shelf until this year. I never asked that my setup be allowed, only if it was legal. The N. Texas Rep said my bow would not be legal in the WOODS class at Vanderpool ( That info turned out to be wrong and my setup would have been Illegal in all classes.) Since I could find no distinction between Woods and OPEN other than arrows , I asked if it was legal to shoot off an elevated rest.

5 small words added 2 years ago after the vote and the simple question would have been answered when I looked at the Guidelines. Someone dropped the the ball , it fell through the cracks or was somehow forgotten. I have no clue whos fault it is or if there is any fault , just an oversight.

I don't want to shoot in a seperate bells and whistles class and never asked for one. I want to shoot in Recurve Open , Recurve Wood, Longbow Open, Longbow Wood and Selfbow with a legal bow and setup that are legal. I don't want and never wanted any special cosiderations.

Many views have been expressed , both for and against more modern type trad gear. I enjoy shooting both types and own both types. Just one of the luxuries of a free society, as is the ability to express your views in a rational manner without reducing it to name calling and blaming. The basis for the popularity of a public forum is to discuss and hear all view points on a wide variety of subjects. This is just one of thousands of those subjects.

Comment

I like Widgen and Teal. Preferably with the breast opened, stuffed with motzeralla cheese, jalapeno peppers, wrapped in bacon and cook on the grill till the bacon is crisp. yuuuummm. I just ate some grilled wild pork, it was really good. Hope it don't come up after reading all this. hheee hheee. Just kiddin. You guys just go on and fight it out. Kinda like watchin Rambo 111

Comment

I cleaned alot of things, skinned alot of snakes and varmits. Nothing has made me puke EXCEPT for a nasty Duck. I don't see how anyone could put that nasty stuff in thier mouth , much less chew it and swallow it.

Originally posted by moah View Post
                  Todd please drop this BS it's getting old.
                  Not my thread, I only have a couple of post here.

The only BS is the 2 year non-enforcement of a rule that was voted on and approved.
                  Last edited by huntinpool; 04-17-2011, 08:01 PM.

Comment

You ain't tried my cousin's duck gumbo...Van

Comment

I don't know about the vote 2 years ago, but 9 or 10 years ago my daughter no longer shot for score cause she "just had to have a martin x200 recurve to shoot, and do what i could i could not make that bow shoot off the shelf, so with a hoyt flipper rest she shot for fun, that was the rule then,,,,,,, and it was at the t.b.o.t. hill country shoot out youth championship, and we didn't eat any duck

LOL
                      ps. we had a blast this weekend at cinammion creak man i love that course and facility

Comment

Bob, I have a better idea on what to do with the duck: stuff it with the cheese, peppers, wild hog sausage, wrap it in bacon, put it on the grill, the take it all off when the bacon and sausage are done, throw the duck in the trash and eat the bacon, sausage and cheesey jalepeno's. No need trying to get the dogs to eat that nasty duck!

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Meuir View Post
                          Bob, I have a better idea on what to do with the duck: stuff it with the cheese, peppers, wild hog sausage, wrap it in bacon, put it on the grill, the take it all off when the bacon and sausage are done, throw the duck in the trash and eat the bacon, sausage and cheesey jalepeno's. No need trying to get the dogs to eat that nasty duck!

Wayne
                          X 2 on that one.

Comment

Pics of Reyna's gator harvest are up.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                              I can't speak for the ASA, because I have no idea what their plans for the future of the Trad shooters are.

(purely speculation to follow) - I would however suspect, that little to no change will be made at the Texas Federation ASA as long as the shoots are drawing no more than 10 - 12 Trad shooters per event.

It's been my experience that the ASA just don't give a rat's behind about trad shooters. I quit going to the huge Pro/Am held here because they treated us like we were ruining their big party by just being there. The reps all smile like snakes and lie saying they value the trad shooters, but we know better. I do have a question about your rule suggestions though. Why do you need to specify that a finger touches the arrow? Why does it matter where someone holds the string, so long as they are using a finger release?

Comment

String walking

Comment

Working...
                                X