Gap Shooting With A Recurve Or Longbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gap Shooting With A Recurve Or Longbow

I found this excellent 14 minute video on "gap shooting". This video will help anyone, new to bowhunting, learn how to gap shoot with a recurve or longbow. The info presented is clear, concise and in detail. Don't forget to enlarge the video. Enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgm-oErUEQM&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Gapping - The Method to the Madness[/ame]

That's how I have been trying to do it. Good video.

Comment

I just can't do it that way. Frustrating.

Comment

Tried gap several times and it feels all wrong as my eyes are co-dominant and somtimes see two arrows and hate closing my left eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
          I just can't do it that way. Frustrating.
          I prefer instinctive myself, but can gap if I work at it a good bit.. The way he's demonstrating is a tried and true method..

Comment

I know it's a good method. Draco (I think) posted up some great instructions a while back and I put considerable effort into studying them. I just can't make it happen. The best shooters out there shoot this way (Kanaga, Freeman, Wilson) so I wanted to learn. Oh, well, third and fourth places aren't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
              I know it's a good method. Draco (I think) posted up some great instructions a while back and I put considerable effort into studying them. I just can't make it happen. The best shooters out there shoot this way (Kanaga, Freeman, Wilson) so I wanted to learn. Oh, well, third and fourth places aren't that bad.
              Where you trying to do it split finger?

Comment

No

Comment

It takes several weeks and even months of diligent effort to reprogram my brain to accept and deal with a major change in shooting a bow.. I'm still having flashbacks to a peep and a sight and I haven't touched a compound in nearly two months..

I just flat don't care for 3 under, even though the bow I'm shooting is tillered for it, so I'm going to stick with what works for me.. If I could comfortably do the 3 under thing, I'd probably go that way especially if I were going to compete at targets or 3D, as it is easier to shoot the gap than to stay proficient with instinctive.

Comment

Thanks for posting up the video, I am trying Draco's method and will incorporate some of his ideas in as well. Good news is I am a newbie so nothing feels right.

Comment

I cannot shoot an arrow split finger.

Comment

Split-fingered instinctive, for me. I've tried the other way and it was ugly.

Bisch

Comment

I want to know where this 3d range is. it looks like a really cool range

Comment

Tried the 3 under Gap thing and went back to the old both eyes wide open split finger stare a hole in the target method.
                            I could never get a confidence feel for the gap thing.

Comment

Tried the 3 under Gap thing and went back to the old both eyes wide open split finger stare a hole in the target method.
                              I could never get a confidence fell for the gap thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X