I really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really

have to stop this stupid aiming stuff... it's screwing up my accuracy..

I know this for sure......It sure is a lot easier on the days you just shoot, and don't think.

Bisch

Comment

Over thinking is a sure way for me to make a bad shot.

Comment

Not so much thinking as it is habit from 15 years of shooting targets with a compound.. My brain just starts the process on it's own... I'm working hard to re-train it.. focusing on the target isn't a problem, it's breaking the habit of looking for a level and trying to center the sight in the peep... neither of which is there anymore... that confuses my brain and then I have to let down or explode...

Comment

Same problem here. When i just draw, anchor and release the groups tighten up. Start over thinking and aiming and it all falls apart

Comment

I kinda use both styles. Little bit a aiming, and a little bit a focusing on the spot.

I guess it's a sort of split vision, and since I am left eye dominant, but shoot right handed, it works well for me.

Rick

Comment

I went to bed last night with don't aim, don't aim, don't aim playing in my head... the wife said I kept repeating it out loud all night...

Comment

best way i ever heard it put was "shut up and shoot, dont aim, dont think."

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                  best way i ever heard it put was "shut up and shoot, dont aim, dont think."
                  Yep, gotta agree.

Comment

A good analogy of what I'm going through would be trying to ride a bicycle while trying NOT to ride a bicycle...

This is something I trained my brain to do and to letdown if I didn't do it.. Now my brain doesn't want to let me shoot the shot if I don't see the sight.. It isn't bad most of the time and I can still shoot reasonably well, but yesterday it was bothering me to the point that I had to just quit shooting and go in the house for a double Crown on the rocks..

It'll come around, It will just take me some time (after all it didn't bother me the first 36 years I shot a bow), and maybe a lot of Crown Royal...

Comment

If you get a Crown Royal for aming, I'll start to aim too

Comment

Working...
                      X