Tbot arrow rest re-clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LostHawg View Post
    What's wrong with stabilizers? Doesn't a mounted basically serve the same purpose? ...to some extent...
    Sorry, I thought I typed, "mounted quiver"...

BTW, I pretty much side with Van on this. I figure, if you want to really have the advantage over your competitors, PRACTICE. Don't just shoot your bow, practice with your bow. A methodical and meticulous routine that conditions your style with your bow so as to systemically project your arrows from your bow to the point of impact you want to accomplish in a precise and consistant manner.

Bells and whistles are incidental.

Comment

BTW, I pretty much side with Van on this. I figure, if you want to really have the advantage over your competitors, PRACTICE. Don't just shoot your bow, practice with your bow. A methodical and meticulous routine that conditions your style with your bow so as to systemically project your arrows from your bow to the point of impact you want to accomplish in a precise and consistant manner.

Ton of difference between a 36" stab and a mounted quiver..

You need to watch a few of the recurve shooters like Brady Ellison on youtube... then you'll understand just what can be accomplished with a modern recurve with all the bells and whistles...

Comment

Originally posted by Van/TX View Post
        Well actually the simplest rule would be no rule at all about arrow rests. JMO...Van

I've watched a couple. But, I'd wager those shooters don't just rush out the back door, plunk five or ten arrows at a bag target, and call it practice.

Comment

Lost \Hawg.. here is one for you.. 50 meters

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVoG-Nb81WQ"]YouTube - Archery World Cup 2010 - Final Stage- Ind. Match #07[/ame]

Comment

I've watched a couple. But, I'd wager those shooters don't just rush out the back door, plunk five or ten arrows at a bag target, and call it practice.

You are certainly right. They do what you said in your other post which is in bold. Take the bells and whistles off one of those bows and they aren't so incidental due to the fact they are engineered to compliment each others actions

Comment

No Brady's step dad is a friend of mine and Brady lives at the Oly training village most of the time.. but that is what can be accomplished... for what it's worth I shot pro compound for a few years... and now coach several pretty good shooters and all them incidentals make a good shooter better and a poor shooter get better...

Comment

Now that is just what my target panic needs a big ***** screen to watch myself in..........

Comment

Okay, you caught me in an inaccuracy. lol

I was talking about the typical bowhunter's shoot. But, if we want to step out of that arena, then, yes, I was incorrect.

Y'all probably know this though... later

Comment

Thanks, Javi, I enjoyed that.

Comment

That was an epic shoot off indeed. Their last shot was in almost identical position and came down to milimeters..

Comment

I say it's about time we stopped being so divisive, and welcome anyone who shoots a recurve or longbow to join us, regardless of their style, and equipment combination.

Of course that would mean some classifications adjustments to keep things on a level playing field, but I honestly believe it would be a huge positive move, and TBoT would be credited for paving the way.

Rick[/QUOTE]

i don't see change allways as being GOOD, for years tbot has been a nice place for us trad shoots to shoot. I beleive when we start changing were will it end, will it get to the point were we just change over and be the lsba, or asa. or ibo. or the nfaa, an so on. their all good org. but thay have there place, just like tbot has it's place.
                        keep it simple, keep it fun, and keep it a traditional bowhunting org.
                        this is more than i wanted to say, i'll say my peace at the meeting. and i hope there are ALOT of folks there to say theirs.
                        jeffro

Comment

Okay, you caught me in an inaccuracy. lol

I was talking about the typical bowhunter's shoot. But, if we want to step out of that arena, then, yes, I was incorrect.

Y'all probably know this though... later
                          The problem is that if you open up the rules to allow them things, and there is any money in it.. the better shooters will show up and then it will make a difference...

Comment

Originally posted by JAVI View Post
                            The problem is that if you open up the rules to allow them things, and there is any money in it.. the better shooters will show up and then it will make a difference...
                            Maybe. I don't know. Might be worthy of a trial period... Maybe a year or two probationary period. If it goes south, then disqualify the endeavor and go back to basics as Jeffro says.

Comment

What time is the meeting on Friday?

Comment

Not that it should mater, but I added a rest to my recurve so that my broad heads would fly better. I really don’t see a difference with my field points. So I personally added a rest to make me a more efficient (“ethical”) hunter not to gain an edge at a 3d tournament.

As for binoculars, I personally carry binoculars at all times when I am hunting and even carry a spotting scope when hunting in western states. I carry binoculars during 3d tournaments because we are shooting at scoring rings not hearts and lungs. Each manufacturer places the scoring rings in different places (that prolong target life) and this doesn’t account for the angle of the target. I use binoculars to ensure that I am aiming at the center of the highest scoring ring. If the manufactures would position the rings so that they correspond to actual heart and lung areas I wouldn’t need binoculars.

It is extremely frustrating to make a great shot only to find out that I was aiming at the 5/8 ring because someone refoamed the target or it was at an odd angle.

Food for thought:

When you see a picture of an individual sitting behind an animal or watch a hunter on TV, where do you draw the line as to whether it was a traditional harvest?

Comment

Working...
                                X