TBOT Arrow Rest Clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBOT Arrow Rest Clarification

I have been informed that my PLUNGER and T-300 arrow rest are illegal due to the fact that they move. I have talked with the Pres. of TBOT through email and he has stated "A mechanical rest ,and plunger & spings are moving parts! An applied Bear rest is an elevated rest not a mechanical rest "
    Rule #1 No moving parts. When assembled, the working bow is to be one solid piece
    I know several shooters shooting in TBOT shoots have used these types of rest in the past(flippers and plungers or both) but they will not be allowed in TBOT shoots. I have switched to a legal rigid , non moving rest like the Bear style I was told is legal.

Anyone shooting a flipper style rest or a plunger should change their setup or you cannot shoot for score in a TBOT shoot. With several Okies coming to Muenster in a couple of weeks I wanted to get this info out there so they will know of the decision and not be DQ'ed or have to shoot for FUN.

Last edited by huntinpool; 02-28-2012, 09:41 PM.

I shoot **** near that same rest.. and I can't shoot for score?

Comment

No moving parts at Vanderpool. I did not know that this was true for all TBoT shoots.

Comment

So key words are "no moving parts" if I am understanding right!

Comment

todd you have an extra one of those rests?

Comment

I was wondering about that when I read the rules.. so no flippers or plungers?

Comment

Originally posted by TraditionalRJ View Post
              todd you have an extra one of those rests?
              No , I am going to check Cabelas, this one was $2.99
              Originally posted by JAVI View Post
              I was wondering about that when I read the rules.. so no flippers or plungers?
              Correct , no flippers or plungers.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                So key words are "no moving parts" if I am understanding right!
                That is what I was told. The plastic or rubber stick on design was the example I was given as a legal rest. (Bear Weatherrest design)

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                  No moving parts at Vanderpool. I did not know that this was true for all TBoT shoots.
                  How can 1 organization have 2 sets of rules. If they enforce a rule it should be across the board and not selective.

Their mission statement says:

"Traditional Archery" as defined by this organization, incorporates forms, styles and preferences from the primitive archers use of natural materials to those utilizing the latest of manmade products however, the resulting accoutrement must meet the following criteria:

Unless those manmade materials have you shooting as well or better than someone who shoots off the shelf.
                  Every shoot it seems that something I'm shooting or the way I hold the string is mentioned. ( I guess I need a Horne bow, Jeffro arrows and shoot split finger ) maybe then I could just shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
                    How can 1 organization have 2 sets of rules. If they enforce a rule it should be across the board and not selective.

Their mission statement says:

"Traditional Archery" as defined by this organization, incorporates forms, styles and preferences from the primitive archers use of natural materials to those utilizing the latest of manmade products however, the resulting accoutrement must meet the following criteria:

Unless those manmade materials have you shooting as well or better than someone who shoots off the shelf.
                    Every shoot it seems that something I'm shooting or the way I hold the string is mentioned. ( I guess I need a Horne bow, Jeffro arrows and shoot split finger ) maybe then I could just shoot.
                    I was having this discussion with someone else the other day... Define Traditional... where does it stop and modern begin.. I know where I would draw the line... but it's probably not the same place you might...

Comment

Keep it simple , Keep it fun.

Machined riser hunting bows are getting more popular due to the many limb options available.

Limb design dictates type of bow in traditional archery, there are hundreds of riser designs, wood and metal from custom to factory . But the 2 limb designs are a constant. I guess the R/D LB design had its share of contraversy in the beginning and is now almost the standard as less D style bows are out there.

Maybe a set of rules that everyone can read and understand,clearly.
                      The current guidelines are less than clear and can be interpreted differently depending on who reads them.

I will adhere to whatever the rules are when I can understand them. Bows that are identical to mine were shot last year at Hill Country and some buckles won with that equipment. Now it is not legal for me use that same stuff. CONSISTANCY is all I'm looking for.

Comment

I'm all for keeping it simple and keeping it fun. I shoot off the shelf. Arvin sez, I'm with you, Todd. Rubydog has it right "It's not the bow, It's the monkey behind the string".

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
                          Keep it simple , Keep it fun.

Machined riser hunting bows are getting more popular due to the many limb options available.

Limb design dictates type of bow in traditional archery, there are hundreds of riser designs, wood and metal from custom to factory . But the 2 limb designs are a constant. I guess the R/D LB design had its share of contraversy in the beginning and is now almost the standard as less D style bows are out there.

Maybe a set of rules that everyone can read and understand,clearly.
                          The current guidelines are less than clear and can be interpreted differently depending on who reads them.

I will adhere to whatever the rules are when I can understand them. Bows that are identical to mine were shot last year at Hill Country and some buckles won with that equipment. Now it is not legal for me use that same stuff. CONSISTANCY is all I'm looking for.
                          I think that more than the lack of a sight and cams should determine what is Traditional.. But then I started with a longbow off the knuckle then one with a shelf, then to a recurve, a recurve with a button, then a sight, then to a compound so I saw the transition first hand.. and now back to a longbow again.... that may cloud my judgement...
                          Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 03-17-2011, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Hey Todd,
                            My whole bow is a "moving part" when I'm shooting 'cause my front arm won't be still.
                            Sorry, had to add some humor here.
                            Seriously, if you (or anyone) has a question/problem about the wording of the rules or the legitimacy or enforcement of a particular rule, maybe you should (as you have done) get in contact with a board member, not only for clarification but to maybe see what it would take to get the rule changed if it seems outdated. Another alternative would to be to run for office within the organization so as to have input from that perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas5o View Post
                              Hey Todd,
                              My whole bow is a "moving part" when I'm shooting 'cause my front arm won't be still.
                              Sorry, had to add some humor here.
                              Seriously, if you (or anyone) has a question/problem about the wording of the rules or the legitimacy or enforcement of a particular rule, maybe you should (as you have done) get in contact with a board member, not only for clarification but to maybe see what it would take to get the rule changed if it seems outdated. Another alternative would to be to run for office within the organization so as to have input from that perspective.
                              Thank you Mr. Shedd . P.S. anymore my whole body shakes. Is that moving?

Comment

Working...
                              X