Well, Another newbie question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Another newbie question...

I know im left eye dominant. I have shoot everything right hand in my life. so i bought a rh bow. I was shooting high to the right, almost all the time. so i played with my nock height and moved to a 200grn point.

i also moved the bow to a better possition were my left eye was closer to the arrow. my shoot improved greatly.

My question is should i just step up and get a LH bow?

My cousin is in the same boat as you. He made the switch to left hand about 15 years ago and has never regretted it. He can still shoot right handed but he's not as accurate. He said it was not all that difficult to do. I would suggest borrowing or buying a cheap LH bow and giving it a try. You might be surprised at how accurate you will be! Good luck.

Comment

Bud to me this is a simple thing, I know you mentioned you were looking at a sage in left hand and for 140.00 you can't go wrong. If you feel like it's something that would be beneficial to you then in my eyes its a small investment. Personally if this was in the back of my mind it would be hard for me to progress with my shooting, you have to have confident in your equipment and setup to progress otherwise it will always be an excuse. Even if it doesn't work out like you plan, you'll learn from it and be that much closer to finding your fix

Good luck

John

Comment

Thanks folks. Now who wants to explain to my wife that i need another bow and some arrows....lol

Comment

one more question, If i do switch yall think i would b ok with a 40 pounder or go with the 35 pounder.

figure it will help my form to go lighter get heavier limbs as i progress

Comment

This may be just for you! I found in on Archerytalk.com. He has a new Left Hand Samick Sage with both 30 or 40 pound limbs, your choice. He'll probably make you a deal on both sets of limbs.

Comment

Originally posted by jreyna920 View Post
              Bud to me this is a simple thing, I know you mentioned you were looking at a sage in left hand and for 140.00 you can't go wrong. If you feel like it's something that would be beneficial to you then in my eyes its a small investment. Personally if this was in the back of my mind it would be hard for me to progress with my shooting, you have to have confident in your equipment and setup to progress otherwise it will always be an excuse. Even if it doesn't work out like you plan, you'll learn from it and be that much closer to finding your fix

Good luck

John
              You can't go wrong with John's advice. However, I am left eye dominate and shoot right handed just fine. I tried to shoot left handed but it didn't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                You can't go wrong with John's advice. However, I am left eye dominate and shoot right handed just fine. I tried to shoot left handed but it didn't work for me.
                AND DEB throughs another wrench in the works....

Comment

Me? You can't really go wrong, no matter what you do. If you find that you shoot better right handed after all, fine, you have set your mind to rest on that score. If you shoot better left handed, still fine. Now you have plenty of light weight bows and are nicely set up to create other addicts. It's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_B View Post
                    I know im left eye dominant. I have shoot everything right hand in my life. so i bought a rh bow. I was shooting high to the right, almost all the time. so i played with my nock height and moved to a 200grn point.

i also moved the bow to a better possition were my left eye was closer to the arrow. my shoot improved greatly.

My question is should i just step up and get a LH bow?
                    Yes... if I were coaching you as an archer I would strongly suggest you make the change.. If you think about it using your strong right hand to hold the bow is a bonus...

For what it is worth, I'm left handed and shot that way for several years before I made the change to my master eye (right) it was a shock at first but I was determined that I make the change and over the past 40 years it has paid many dividends..
                    Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 03-14-2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Thinks yall. As soon as i sale my bow i will be buying a left hander

Comment

Well thanks for all yalls advice. I just ordered a lh sage!!! hope to get it early next week so i can shoot some. hope this works out

Comment

Working...
                        X