Bow string material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow string material

Well I've decided I want to try making some strings, I've been looking at BCY's website and there's just so many different materials, I know some are quieter and some have less stretch, what are the main choices of material for traditional equipment and what are there pros/cons for them. Just looking for a place to start.

Thanks

John

Pm on the way, John. Also, you might want to pm Ol'Man, Bob and Huntinpool.

Comment

I like the D-97.

Bisch

Comment

I like fast flight.

Comment

I am using D97. Making 9-10-12 str strings. I pre-stretch them before serving and have had less than an 1/8 " of Brace Height change over the life of my strings. When I pull it off the jig it is around 2" shorter than what I want. After the streching and waxing they are within a 1/2" of desired length with minimum required twist. D97 is a little cheaper than the others and I bought every color.

Comment

I use D 97. Been really happy with it.

Comment

Arvin sez B50, B50 If you want it quiet.

Comment

Anybody tried the D10 yet...

Comment

D 97 here for me too.

Comment

D97, TS1+ and B50 They all work great.................

Comment

D97

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                        Arvin sez B50, B50 If you want it quiet.
                        10 strand D97 (padded to 14) on this new selfbow and it don't need any silencers it's so quite. Gained 6 fps too.
                        Last edited by huntinpool; 03-07-2011, 10:40 PM.

Comment

I just made my first ever flemish string this evening. I purchased a couple spools of B50 string, serving material and jig from 3Rivers. After some trial and error, and a few colorful words, I've got a sting that will be just fine on my recurve. Stretching it now so I can serve it tomorrow. In the end it was really easy, and I'm happy to know it was something I can say I made.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Meloni View Post
                            I just made my first ever flemish string this evening. I purchased a couple spools of B50 string, serving material and jig from 3Rivers. After some trial and error, and a few colorful words, I've got a sting that will be just fine on my recurve. Stretching it now so I can serve it tomorrow. In the end it was really easy, and I'm happy to know it was something I can say I made.
                            I'm glad it was easy for you. It took a couple of hours for us to make our first one. arvin can really whip them out now, but I never got the hang of it. See ya on Satrurday.

Comment

I'm not sure about all of his bows but Dan Toelke said my whip longbow used BCY02. It is an endless loop string instead of flemish twist though.

I don't know the difference between any of them. Wish I did.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X