No announcement yet.

Oklahoma Selfbow Jamboree March 17-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me, Tanya and Keegan are thinking about going.

Comment

Great looking arrows

Comment

I'll be there. Just look for the Texas flags thats where we will all be. 20 of us going. Its a good time.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the comments on the arrows!!!!!

Those of you attending make sure to stop by and say HI so I get to meet you FTF.

Derek

Comment

We will look for you

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
              It is 15lb test artifical sinew also known as leather binding/thread.
              Derek, will 30 lb artificial sinew work? Or will it be too thick?

Also, when I tried using some red thread I had laying around, you can still see gaps along the feather from the thread. Here's a pic showing what I mean:

But yours show no gaps and look nice and neat and clean. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by equin View Post
                Derek, will 30 lb artificial sinew work? Or will it be too thick?

Also, when I tried using some red thread I had laying around, you can still see gaps along the feather from the thread. Here's a pic showing what I mean:

But yours show no gaps and look nice and neat and clean. What am I doing wrong?
                Anything over 15 is too thick. If you have 30 you can split it to make thinner threads. I have to do this when I use the colored artificial as most of it is 70lb and I split it 4 ways.

You are getting gaps because your sprial is too steep. Bring them closer together and use more wraps and it will close the gaps your are seeing. Let me know if that helps or if you have any other questions.

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks again for all your help!

Comment

Glad I could help. Post some pictures of the next ones you build.

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
                      Anyone besides me planning on going to OJAM?

Here is a link with more information - http://www.okselfbow.com/

I'll be giving a demo on Friday the 18th on building Self Nock Arrows and installing Trade Point Broadheads. I was hoping there would be some friendly TX faces in the crowd......
                      This is Arvin. I am considering going. Anyone from the central Texas area want to carpool? Gas is high.

Comment

Arvin when do you want to go

Comment

He wants to arrive on Friday around noon and leave 10ish on Sunday morning.

Comment

Hope to see y'all there!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X