Collin County Shoot Scores Are Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collin County Shoot Scores Are Up

Shoot scores from last week-end are now posted on our website. Go to collincountybowhunters.org

Thanks to everyone, and we hope to see you in March.

We had 20 Trad shooters last week-end.

Wayne

How many targets does collin county shoot at there normal club shoots

Comment

We are shooting 30 targets this year for the first time. In previous years we always set up 20 targets and shot two rounds for a total of 40, but it meant you had to walk the course twice and we had a lot of complaints about that, especially when it was extremely hot, so we decided to go to a 30 target format similar to TBOT, ASA, and several of the other local clubs. I think it was well accepted based on feedback from the first shoot. We are also scoring high 12's this year. We have always used 5/8/10 scoring in the past.

Wayne

Comment

The Trad Women shot from the Trad Men's stakes for this shoot. There were no Trad Women's stakes, but I expect they will add them for subsequent shoots. This is NOT meant as a complaint, simply as an explanation to anyone trying to decifer the scores. It doesn't hurt them to practice longer shots.

They also have the high 12's burned into the targets (I guess to facilitate ASA). You can see the 12 from 50 yards away. The shoot and set-up were good, but I didn't much care for that aspect as it eliminates the need to "learn" where the scoring rings are on the different targets.

YMMV
        Last edited by fletcherfor2; 02-15-2011, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Dusty, we had to do that because the Rhinehart targets that we have did not have 12 rings and we had a lot of requests last year from the compound guys to start counting the 12's, and they will have to be so marked for our ASA Qualifier in July anyway. We have 20 new McKenzie targets bought that we will have at our April shoot and they will have the correct markings. We are not the only club doing that, by the way. I shot at the ASA Qualifier at IBA and most of the targets on the course I shot had been burned as well.
          We have already discussed the Ladies Traditional shooting stake and it will be there next month with a Maximum of 20 yards.

Wayne

Comment

I understand Wayne. No problem here. You're trying to accomodate both Compound and Trad, and I don't see another way around it either.

That's just one of the reasons I personally prefer All-Trad shoots. Sometimes a combined shoot is all that's available though, in which case it's certainly better than no shoot at all.

Comment

We were going to try to color the burned in rings so they would not stand out as much, but the icy weather kept us from doing everything we intended to do. It is sure nice out now, maybe spring is coming!

Wayne

Comment

Working...
              X