fsc 2/13/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fsc 2/13/11

ok for this weeks shot you're going to need an egg. put a 1/4" dot on the side of the egg. shoot at this spot from 15 yards (stole this from topshot)

Is the egg going to be suspended by a string or sitting on a golf tee etc, and if so how far out from the target. Its gonna be like trying to see a black speck on a snow ball.

Comment

hmm golf tee or something of the sort would work to suspend the egg in front of the target butt.

Comment

Well couldn't resist trying it. my photography skills are lacking and I really up someone gets much closer. hard to read the measurements in the photo, 1 23/32" near side 2" to far side of arrow. Hope this is what you ment with the egg. I layed one target on its side and used a plastic top to some scent killer to balance the egg on. My only though is, If you actually hit the egg, how do you measure then?
        Attached Files

Comment

So help a dummy out! Are we shooting through the egg, or is the dot suppose to be to the side and we see how close to the dot without hitting the egg? And Bisch, don't you dare call me an EGGHEAD!!lol

Comment

or first person to hit the egg could be automatic winner...

Comment

no we are shooting AT the spot on the egg. theoretically the arrow shouldnt bust the egg and we'll be able to get a measurement. like previously mentioned i saw this shot on an advertisement for the show "Top Shot". on the show they were able to put the shaft cleanly through the egg.

Comment

oh, well I wouldnt know, I missed

Comment

reshoot it. i apologize for the lack of proper instruction.

Comment

nah, I was aiming for the spot, just didnt know what to expect if I hit it.

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
                      So help a dummy out! Are we shooting through the egg, or is the dot suppose to be to the side and we see how close to the dot without hitting the egg? And Bisch, don't you dare call me an EGGHEAD!!lol
                      MOI?

Bisch

Comment

Your instruction was O.K. James, I was just thinking the egg would shatter. And I "REALLY" hate to have to ask this, but Bisch, what does MOI stand for?

Comment

Well due to lasts weeks weather, and campus events, I was stuck at work all week last week. I never had a chance to try last weeks shot. I'll be back in this week.

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
                            Your instruction was O.K. James, I was just thinking the egg would shatter. And I "REALLY" hate to have to ask this, but Bisch, what does MOI stand for?
                            That ws a question - Moi if fench for Me. You really think I would call you an eggjhead?

Well, maybe - if I got half a chance. j/k

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              That ws a question - Moi if fench for Me. You really think I would call you an eggjhead?

Well, maybe - if I got half a chance. j/k

Bisch
                              I thought it ment "Minute of ______" just couldn't figure out the last part for the I in MOI

Comment

Working...
                              X