Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by widdler View Post
    Muzzlebreak did you skin that Rattler.
    The guy that it struck at skinned it and he is going to tan the thing. Should make a nice belt or wall dodad. All I did was catch it and kill it since I am the bravest one out there--or dumbest
    I'm headed back out to Sterling County this morning after the rain blows thru to hunt this next cold front and maybe get another real LDP, this time with horns.

Comment

Andy's buck with his new Sarrel's Bow he won at Bob's birthday.
      Attached Files

Comment

That's fast work right there!

Congrats Andy,

Bisch

Comment

Great Buck , the hunten sure is good right now , Congrats
          ,,,,,,,,,Sam,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Congrats Andy that is a fine Buck.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              Does this count?
              Counts for scarring the heck out of you if it seen you first.

Comment

Got me a doe last night with my 1971 Bear T/D and a RazorHead,,,,,,,,,,,,Sam,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Congrats Sam, thats a big ol' doe.

Matt

Comment

Osage Pig wooden arrow.

Here is my first pig with my primitive equipment. He went 30 yards I put the arrow through his lungs and heart.Click image for larger version

Name:	4pig 002.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	24028354

Comment

Congrats Sam you are cleaning up on those critters.

Comment

another piggie

Comment

You got a lot of those black and white pigs in your area.... I've probably only seen three while hunting... Congrats to everyone on the harvest! Y'all are making me feel like I'm a little behind, I'm gonna have to step it up here

Comment

Nice hogs guys I havent had a pig close in a while now.....
                            ,,,,,Sam,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Congrats everyone! I went this weekend and got skunked! Only saw animals in 1 sit out of 4! Was supposed to stay a few more days but decided to come home and try again in the next week or two.

Bisch

Comment

Oct. 13 2011: It was about my fourth sit in my backyard stand here in Huntsvegas. I had already blown one chance at a great 5x5 I had been getting pics of a few evenings earlier. The bachelor group the 5x5 had been running with began to show up and of course the last one to show was the biggest, only instead of the big 10 it was a big 8, a buck I had never seen before. After wearing me to a frazzle I gave him my customary warning shot across the bow DAB GUMMIT!! dId I just do that? Luckily my Fox longbow is so quiet he only went a short ways to my right and stopped at about 18 yards so I sent a second snuffer tipped arrow at him, this time hitting him right in the paunch. I backed out and came back an hour later and found the arrow and an encouraging liver laden blood trail. After a sleepless night I awoke Miss Money Penny about 4:00 am and we took up the trail about 5:00 am. She tracked the buck like a champ we crawled through the thickest East Texas youpon and briars imaginable for several hours and several hundred yards after finding a spot with heavy blood where he had bedded Penny got after the trail really hard, I couldnt even keep up so I would call her back and then head the direction that she came from, we did this leapfrogging four or five times till finally I peered through the brush and saw the bucks back with my intrepid blood trailing Dauschund ripping fur from his haunches. After field dressing the deer I saw that the big snuffer broadhead had went through one lobe of the liver. Thanks to Penny and the snuffer I got my best Texas deer ever despite my miserable shooting. This was Penny's fith recovery in three years, if not for her there is no way I would have recovered this buck before the buzzards. Everyone have an awesome safe season. Sam[IMG]008[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X