Hardwood Suppliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardwood Suppliers

Does anyone know of any places to get hardwoods in the Temple area? I'm looking for some Ipe, Hickory, Zebrawood, Purple Heart, etc. I'm new to this, so I have no idea where to buy this stuff.

Thanks,
    b0whunter

That would be Rubydog. Tricia will probably have to load and ship it for him for awhile though.

Comment

Rubydog!!!! He supplies many bowyers in the state and can get his hands on all kinds of exotic woods. He lives in LaVernia near San Antonio.

Bisch

Comment

Hey bowhunter,I live in Temple and do not know of any local place? Are you building a bow? I'm just getting started on one, maybe we could get lunch sometime!

Comment

Rubydog

Comment

Maybe you and Bassmatt could get together and take a trip down to my house. It could save you some money.

Comment

BassMatt,

Yep, after Christmas I am planning on trying an Ipe bow with either a Hickory or Bamboo back. I will probably start on another Red Oak bow tonight. I picked up a 10" band saw that i need to try out. I'm gonna check Lowes or Home Depot for some Bamboo for a backing for it. Lunch sounds good. I will be at the deer lease in south texas for a week after Christmas, so maybe we can get together after the first of the year.

Rubydog,

I know exactly where LaVernia is. We played football there a few times back in my high school days. I grew up about 12 miles north of Beeville. I head down that way quite a bit to visit my mom. I'll stop in and check out your supply on my way through some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                Rubydog!!!! He...can get his hands on all kinds of exotic woods.

Bisch
                Correction needed here...he can get his HAND on all kinds of exotic woods.

Comment

Originally posted by fletcherfor2 View Post
                  Correction needed here...he can get his HAND on all kinds of exotic woods.
                  There is nothing wrong with his hands....it's his shoulder thats jacked up.

Bisch

Comment

Give me a R-u-b-y-d-o-g...what does it spell...Terry

Comment

Working...
                    X