No announcement yet.

Carrying recurve up a ladder stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some good suggestions here, do what ever you need to do to always keep three points of contact while climbing. I have long arms and can usually slowly lift my bow from the ground so it dose not start to swing then hold it out far enough to keep it from hitting the stand as I use a rope to pull it up. Main thing is be safe and go home better than when you left.

Comment

Iffin you just got to keep that hunting bow purdy, make a polar fleece blanky for it with a zipper, then you won't get any scratches on it.... LOL

Comment

My hunting bow takes a little abuse every now an then. That's why I bought it just for hunting. I pull it up, climb with it, hook it on branches as I'm going sometimes.

Comment

the thing I am the most careful with is my bow string
          I don't like changing bow strings during a hunt
          even if I have shot it in the spare string

Comment

I tie the rope on the back side of the tree away from the steps and they never touch the bow.....

Comment

Originally posted by widdler View Post
              If it is Bobs bow just scrach it up and send it back to Bob to recoat after deer season.
              Yes it is one of Bob's It just kills me to get a scratch on it

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                I tie the rope on the back side of the tree away from the steps and they never touch the bow.....
                That may work

Thanks everyone! I want to stay safe but was just trying to figure out how to make it work.

There are several good recommendations on here. As far the fleece idea, I have thought about something like that for when it rains.

Comment

Thats the exact reason when I get finished with one of my bows, I pitch it over the fence and it comes with a nick or scratch provided.

Then you'll use it for hunting.

They use to call them "Over the fence Greywolf bows"

Comment

Stay away from treestands, you're going to fall. That is if you haven't already.

Comment

Hey Mark, I like that concept. Might start recommending it to my customers. hehe

Comment

Make sure ya tell'em it's no extra charge either LOL .....give a call this weekend maybe if ya ain't to busy

Comment

If its one of Bobs then they are not scratches, they are love marks!

Comment

I put two loops in the rope and I place one loop one each end of rope so I have more control of the bow while I'm pulling it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonwood View Post
                              Iffin you just got to keep that hunting bow purdy, make a polar fleece blanky for it with a zipper, then you won't get any scratches on it.... LOL
                              Do they make Snuggies for bows?

Comment

Working...
                              X