Wisconsin Trad Live hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisconsin Trad Live hunt

Gonna try to do a little live hunt on here starting tomorrow afternoon. I'm up in the north country right now for work staying the weekend to run out to a buddy's place in central WI. It's just me and my Blueridge for the weekend.

Should be good, the deer have been rutting since the beginning of the month, suspect they will be right in the thick of it, or sticking close to the does. Weather has been 'unseasonably warm' the last couple weeks (in the 50's), but we have a front coming thru and it's supposed to snow tomorrow, hopin that really stirs them up a bit.

Not expecting to see a ton of deer, they just aren't as thick up here in the north woods, but hoping for some activity. Will be hunting a combo of baited setups and taking a climber out if I find some active areas. Small piece of property largely surrounded by county (public) land. Not expecting anything big, but the potential is always there. Not going to shoot just anything, but if it's beyond it's ears and has 8, I'm flingin' arrows. Hopefully will figure out how to get pictures to post on here from my Blackberry. Expecting good reception as there's a cell tower right next to the property.

Have fun, what part of Wisconsin? I love it up there, my wife and I make the drive up there every summer to go to a camp.

Comment

Good luck Roger! I hope you get to fling an arrow.

Bisch

Comment

Should be real good up there this week. Was there last week and the bucks were laying down scrapes everywhere.

Comment

Good luck to you! Let us know how it goes. I'm headed up there shortly (Sawyer County)....can't wait!

Comment

Just spent an hour and a half at a local range I found online. Nice place. Was not the most confident after shooting at my buddy's house yesterday evening, but no excuses now! Last half dozen rounds was placing all 7 arrows in the kill zone of a little cardboard buck cutout at 20 yrds. Rip roarin ready to go, now just gotta give a presentation in the morning and head to the stand. Next post will hopefully be sittin 20feet up

Comment

Awesome - can't wait ta hear from ya during/after the hunt !!!!

Comment

Go gettum!!!!

Comment

Been on stand about an hour. It is cold and wet and quiet. Wish it would snow. Buddy said I should come back in dec if. Unsuccessful ... That's not likely can only imagine this 30 degrees colder!

Comment

Ruffed grouse just came thru. Wouldda been dinner if shot presentedf

Comment

Magic hour puttin phone away. And gonna call. Plus my fingers are numnb

Comment

i atke it since its been over an hour that means you shot something?

Comment

Originally posted by bbs383ci View Post
                          i atke it since its been over an hour that means you shot something?
                          I'm kinda thinking/hoping the same thing. I figure he is busy, and full of excitement, but he'll remember us soon.

Comment

Sorry to dissapoint guys. Fingers went numb, and an update. Wasn't in the cards. On stand now have had a doe with 2 fawns come by a couple times. Passed on a 2.5 year old 8. Gave me a shot and got the blood pumpin, but not what you come up here to shoot. Now it's an exercise in stubbornness as everything's soaked and. Cold!

Comment

good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X