Questions about past craftsmen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about past craftsmen

Anyone here tell me if Armadillio Arrow works is still around and making arrows?
    About 8 or 9 years ago I was shooting Longbows and a couple Recurves Exclusive,not touching Compounds for awhile.
    I had purchased a few dozen arrows from this gentleman but have long lost contact.

Also there use to be a gentleman that made YellowJacket longbows, I think that was the name. Anyone familiar with that-them?

Haven'theard of the arrow maker, however the gentleman that made the YellowJacket longbow use to be around Brownwood Tex. I think. Dang, I can't call his name now for nothing! I don't believe he is still building bows. I had a friend that won a Yellow Jacket longbow many, many years ago at the Hill Country Shootout in Vanderpool. It sure was a good shooting bow!

Comment

If I am not mistaken Armadillo arrows has been out of business for around ten years or so. Infact if it is the same man I am thinking of I believe he sold all his equipment to Jeff Schultz. I will make a phone call and see if I am correct.

Comment

I think that's my old buddy Larry Dix (Caddo). He made some fine arrows for sure...Van

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
          Haven'theard of the arrow maker, however the gentleman that made the YellowJacket longbow use to be around Brownwood Tex. I think. Dang, I can't call his name now for nothing! I don't believe he is still building bows. I had a friend that won a Yellow Jacket longbow many, many years ago at the Hill Country Shootout in Vanderpool. It sure was a good shooting bow!

I also think so.

Comment

VAn...thats it Larry Dix that was his name but have forgotten his name till you posted it. I meet him a couple times,originally through Jawbone(the old orignal Jawbone-from Sanger Tx, that used to hang on the old MIRC site back when TexasBowhunter emailed was just a newsletter). Those were great times also as fun as the se days no doubt.
            Well was hoing to find a him still active but we all get older I guess. Ive met alot of arrow makers but I could get a dozen arrows, I wind up withabout 3 or 4 dozen from him that would make you sad to want to shoot them.
            I figgured the fella that was the bowyer for yellow jacket was gone. He was aolder gent then. Just hoped he had taught the art to someone and dealt the trade/skill off to another.
            Looks Like ill got Great Plains, or someone else etc. for my Texas Bowyer. Prefer to keep the money in our state When we have so many fine bowyers.

Comment

Working...
            X