No announcement yet.

Plan A Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be interested, and I would be willing to help out as needed. Just let me know.

Comment

Thanks Dena, and will do. It will be later this evening around 8:00 p.m. if that's ok.

There's a few things that we need to address right now, and figure out:

1 - a place that will provide ample camping, and hunting for a fairly large group.

2 - once the place is located, then we need to figure out how many it can accommodate. I don't want to place a limit on the numbers, but unfortunately, we may have no choice.

3 - COST. If the cost of this event winds up being comparable to the costs of the average day lease properties, then we will be defeating the purpose of what I had in mind.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but - I want this to be so affordable that everyone who sees the opportunity will have to seriously think about seizing it.

My idea is to get more folks interested, and involved in bow hunting especially trad bow hunting, and I want to try to provide an affordable alternative to those who otherwise might not be able to do it, while at the same time making it a platform for us to meet, and get to know each other in that type of environment.

Comment

Everything you are saying makes sense. I have never done any WMA or public hunting, but I am willing to go where this leads just to meet and have some fun.

Comment

I think I scared Rick! PM returned.

Anytime before 11:00 is fine.

Comment

Good idea. I would be in

Comment

Naa Dena, ya didn't scare me. I knew you wanted to offer some input about this idea. I just wanted to make sure I could be on the same page with you when we discuss it.

Got your PM reply, and I'll call you tonight.

Comment

Rick - don't forget little ol me

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                  Rick - don't forget little ol me
                  Doug, no way I could forget you. We need all the experience we can get to pull this thing off.

Folks - in all honesty - this does not have to be thought of as some huge, hard thing to accomplish. All we need to is find a place to do it. Everything else will fall into place.

There are folks all over the country that do this every year, and they have been doing it for many years.

The only advantage they have over us is they have more public access hunting grounds to choose from. That is a hump for us to get over, but there's a place somewhere, and I'm hopeful we'll find it.

Yea, I had the idea, but my problem is that I have little knowledge about the public access areas that Texas has to offer. That's where you folks that do have that knowledge come in. We need you to open up, and point us in the right direction.

We'll figure out something. 8^)
                  Last edited by RickBarbee; 11-03-2010, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Just got off the phone from about an hour long conversation with a Very Pleasant young lady who has some Great Ideas.

Not exactly what I've been talking about here, but has the same intent, and goals in mind.

Stay tuned folks - there's a possibility of some real good things coming your way in the near future.

Comment

I'm waiting .....tap,tap,tap

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                        Just got off the phone from about an hour long conversation with a Very Pleasant young lady who has some Great Ideas.

Not exactly what I've been talking about here, but has the same intent, and goals in mind.

Stay tuned folks - there's a possibility of some real good things coming your way in the near future.
                        You got off pretty easy there Rick....

I will be keeping an eye on this, and hope to be able to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post

It was very nice talking to you, Rick! I appreciate all the tips and knowledge you shared with me!

I am still waiting on a little more information, but this is what I have if anyone is interested...unlimited hogs, South of Cotulla, lodge is about 30 minutes away, primitive camping is allowed on property, 5,000 acres, Friday Noon thru Sunday, price will be less than $150 for all three days. The place is overloaded with hogs and the owner wants them gone. It will be spot and stalk, but they will heavily corn roads. It looks like we can probably do it around 1st weekend in December, if that works for everyone. There is a possibility that we could do it in November. I will know more later today, including final price. Thoughts?

Originally posted by Bullrdr82 View Post
                          You got off pretty easy there Rick....

I will be keeping an eye on this, and hope to be able to make it.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	spanky.gif
Views:	8
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	23962541

Comment

Originally posted by Hot4huntin View Post
                            It was very nice talking to you, Rick! I appreciate all the tips and knowledge you shared with me!

I am still waiting on a little more information, but this is what I have if anyone is interested...unlimited hogs, South of Cotulla, lodge is about 30 minutes away, primitive camping is allowed on property, 5,000 acres, Friday Noon thru Sunday, price will be less than $150 for all three days. The place is overloaded with hogs and the owner wants them gone. It will be spot and stalk, but they will heavily corn roads. It looks like we can probably do it around 1st weekend in December, if that works for everyone. There is a possibility that we could do it in November. I will know more later today, including final price. Thoughts?

[ATTACH]200040[/ATTACH]
                            Any possibility of closer to the Christmas break time or after 1st of the year? Not to change any plans for anything, but I get my girls on the 1st, 3rd and 5th and they take dibbs way over hunting.

Price is very reasonable. Is the lodge offered to stay in or do we need other arrangments? Any thoughts on food? Maybe everyone pitch in or bring your own?
                            Last edited by Blue Tick; 11-04-2010, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I can check on other dates. I believe the owner wants this to happen pretty quickly thus the reasonable price. Yes, the lodge is available. If you would like for food to be furnished, then I think it would be like $25.00 more. I can check on that too.

Comment

What about small campers? We don't need hook ups.

Comment

Working...
                                X