Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STOS - 160 Grain Broadheads

OK guys.... and gals,

I bought some STOS 160 grains heads and finally put an inert in one last night. I took out one of my Silver Flames/GK and the STOS and shot them side by side..

STOS - same penetration as the Silver Flame/GK - After 16-18 shots the STOS was still razor sharp as was the SF/GK.

The STOS heads run 28 per 6 compared to the 99.00 for 3 SF/GK's. Now I tend to do a lot of hog hunting so using the SF/GK's for hogs is not financially a sound move for me. I was using the Abowyer Whitetails but after losing a half dozen on hogs I am looking to save some money.

The STOS are considerably thicker material than the Magnus I's and come shaving sharp to boot.

Just though I would pass this along.

I love the STOS heads. Many a animal has lost their life to them. You are dead on when you say sharp out of the pack. I find they fly better than most other broadheads at farther distances too. Good choice.

Comment

Ole Man let me hunt some hogs with ya. If you got half a dozen abowyer broadheads out there I stand to profit. A hog with a abowyer broadhead in it. Ha!!!!!

Comment

Rick - you aren't right!! Profiting from my financial losses!

Comment

Does STOS make a screw-in ?

Comment

Originally posted by warrior62 View Post
            Does STOS make a screw-in ?

I dont think so, but you can make a glue on tip a screw on tip with an adapter from 3 Rivers.

That is what I do with my Magnus 1 heads. I buy the 160 grn head with a 42 grn adapter. My field points are 200 grn.

Comment

Are these strictly glue on bh's?

Comment

I must have bad luck. I've never gotten a Stos head that was sharp when new. I don't really mind but it would be nice. It's still my favorite head.

Comment

I absolutely love my STOS heads. Really easy to sharpen and stays sharp.

Shawn

Comment

Good information Doug! The STOS is hard to beat!

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
                      Are these strictly glue on bh's?

Yes they are but, adapters can be bought and put in to make them screw ons..

Comment

Tom.

I'm liking them more and more - been shooting one a lot and it flies better than most other heads I have used.

Comment

Ol Man,

I also shoot STOS broadheads. BTW, you can get a 6 pak of the 130, 145 or 160 grain which will cost you $26 from Braveheart Archery. This is where I get mine from.

Comment

Thanks Joe...

Comment

I just switch to STOS 160's this week. I used 100 gr. steel adapters and they were really easy to set up dead straight. 2117's -- Total arrow weight is about 650gr. They fly well and are good for deer hunting range shots, but I think they are going to be hard to shoot at longer distances because they are losing velocity fast and I think the drop on long range shots will make them difficult.

Mine were sharp out of the package, but not near sharp enough. About 5 minutes on a set of crock sticks and they would shave and I have a hairless arm to prove it.

Much tougher heads than the Magnus that I have been using.

Wayne

Comment

Working...
                              X